Confession

Madame Faulkerson had been true to her word when she told Maine that she would teach her all that she needs to know about the life that she entered when she agreed to become RJ's wife. She was a constant presence in her daughter in law's life since they got home from Italy. Maine has gotten used to her weekly meetings with her mother in law who taught her everything from wearing high heels to responding appropriately to the press.

Maine hurriedly looked at herself in the mirror and checked her reflection. RJ's mother is on her way to pick her up for yet another one of their weekly meetings. Maine hoped that her choice of clothes would satisfy her mother in law as she slipped her delicate feet into the three inch red heels that she's given her just last week. Thank goodness, she has finally gotten used to wearing the towering heels that her mother in law loved so much.

Just as she was placing pearl earrings on her earlobes a knock was heard from the door and one of the maids entered. "Ma'am,  Madame Faulkerson is already in the living room" she announced. Maine thanked her and quickly grabbed her purse from the night stand before leaving the bedroom.

As she entered the living room, she spotted her mother in law inspecting one of the recent paintings that Richard purchased from a local art show. She turned around as soon as she heard Maine enter and smiled.

"How are you?" Madame Faulkerson asked as she walked over to Maine to kiss her on the cheeks.

"I am fine mom" Maine replied as she kissed her back.

"Are you ready to go?" the older lady asked as she picked up her purse from the sofa.

Maine nodded then followed the older lady out the front door. As they were heading towards Richard's mother's car, Maine asked curiously "Where are we going?"

"You'll find out soon enough" she smiled mysteriously. It was a quiet drive to their destination and Maine was surprised when she realized that they were headed to one of the hotels that Richard's family owned. The chauffer deposited them in front of the grand entrance and they slowly made their way up the steps. As soon as they entered the massive foyer Richard's mother turned to Maine and said "I think it's time for you to learn about the family owned business."

Maine was shocked at Madame Faulkerson's announcement. She was just RJ's wife. She thought she had no business snooping around the Faulkerson family empire. Richard's mother smiled at her as she continued "You might be under the notion that as a wife you are only supposed to stay in the sidelines and let the men do their job. That is not true in this family sweetheart. RJ may be incharge of the business but you are not to be ignorant about it either. The Faulkerson women know their business basics and I am not expecting anything less from you. This business is what makes this family alive. As you know Richard has been preparing for the role that he has right now since he was younger and someday your future children will inherit it"

Maine blushed at the mention of children. If only she knew that it was highly unlikely to have children in the future given her current arrangement with RJ.

Maine followed her mother in law silently as the latter led her to one portion of the hotel, the mini museum, which is slowly gaining praises from the local press. You see, aside from their hotel chains, Richard's family is also known for their love of the arts. His grandfather was a well known sculptor while his father was a famous painter. When inside, her mother in law had meticulously explained every art piece showcased and Maine was surprised on how knowledgeable she is about every little single art piece there was in the museum. Maine gulped as she realized that RJ's mother was expecting her to eventually know about all these information as well. She couldn't help but feel overwhelmed at the bulk of information there is to learn. Could she possibly learn all these?