Adapt (Natewantstobattle)

A/N: Alright, let's see how this goes... still have to do an intro for Nate, so let's start with that!

You were hiding behind the couch in the living room when Nate walked in with a guitar. That meant get out. He was about to start practicing, so you waited until you felt the couch shake, meaning he had sat down, and bolted for the doorway, making sure to watch Nate while you did so. Thankfully he was focusing on tuning his guitar. You slipped out of the room without being noticed. You had gotten used to this by now.

You were happy to have noticed; your den was behind the couch, and you had just been about to scavenge. Borrow, I'm borrowing. You chided yourself. You felt kind of bad, but then again, he left so much laying around, so you were helping clean up! That's what you tried to tell yourself anyways. The living room led to the kitchen, which was exactly where you wanted to be.

Darting over to the drawers, you jumped to the first, scaling the rest as if it were a wooden rock climbing wall. Pulling yourself over the edge, you sat on the counter, letting your legs hang over the side. You heard Nate starting to play from the living room, and your were happy you had gotten out before he had. You didn't know what he was going to play, but when he started playing Mangled, you were glad.

Suddenly, you heard the doorbell from the next room. That was not great. Not great at all.

You scrambled to your feet, running to hide behind something as you heard the music stop in the other room. Pressing your back against the side of the knife block not facing Nate, listening intently as his footsteps passed by. You heard the door open, and you peeked around the corner, making sure he wouldn't be able to see you if you ran out and grabbed some of the cereal lying to your left.

You heard Nate chatting to who ever was at the door, so you sprinted to the cereal on the counter, grabbing some before making your way back, slower than getting there, which had you worried, but you were going to try. You heard some "Goodbye"s, and then the door shut, making you move even faster, in turn dropping a piece of cereal.

Nate's steps drew closer, and you abandoned ship, dropping the cereal and sprinting back to your hiding spot, watching your breakfast roll over the edge of the counter. You heard a light "Hmm?" From behind you.

The cereal. You were screwed. Footsteps got closer and closer as you curled up into a ball behind the knife block. His looming shadow dwarfed yours, his face becoming more and more visible as he searched for a cause. You stared at him in terror, wondering what he would do when he found you. Being an orphan, you hadn't had anyone to tell you stories, but your imagination did the trick.

Nate's confused face became one of shock when he saw you, staring back with... kindness? You figured your confusion showed on your face, and Nate reached a hand out to pick you up, still looking shocked, but now a bit more confused. Figuring that a struggle was a bad idea, you let him pick you up, shaking lightly.

"Are you... alive?" Nate asked, causing your shaking to stop, as a smile tugged at your lips. He didn't think you were real.

"Yeah, I think so." You nodded, letting your legs fall a bit looser from your body.

"Then... what are you?" He asked tentatively.

"I'm, a borrower. Lives in the walls, scavenges for supplies, generally classified as fictional..." You answered, the slightest amount of bitterness in your voice.

"So just, a tiny person? Definitely a new one, I can say that much." Nate said, running his other hand through his hair.

"What's your name?" He asked, putting his hair back in place. Man he was full of questions, but you could kind o understand.

"It's Y/N." You answered, smiling lightly. While you had been living here you could tell he was a good guy, you had just been worried of what he would do to you if he found you.

"Well, Y/N, what am I gonna do with you? I'd feel bad if I let you go back to borrowing, so... how about you stay with me?"

Stay... with a giant. From everything that you'd seen here and in the past, it sounded like a good idea, but your imagination was on the fence, thinking up both worst case and best case scenarios. Though you had to agree with Nate, going back to borrowing after this would be weird, and staying with him couldn't be that bad could it?

"Alright, sounds good." You smiled, earning a smirk from Nate as he brought you back to the living room.

That went... relatively well! So, Nate will be added to the lineup then, in between Thomas and Jack! Hope everyone likes it, and if you don't know who Nate is go check his channel(s) out! Suggestions are always greatly appreciated, so if you have any you want written, put them in the comments! Also, OMIGOD OVER 1.5K READS, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST. Seriously though, thank you everybody for reading, I really enjoy these one shots, and I love seeing that everyone else likes them! Once again,

Thanks for reading!

PJO out.