26: Infinitesimal (Tiny!Logan) Part 1

A/N: This chapter is supposed to be "Invisible" but I tweaked it a bit. Enjoy!

You were lounging on the couch with Virgil, watching The Corpse Bride, when Patton wandered into the living room.
"Hey Pat. What's up?" You spoke over the movie. Both of you had seen it enough times by now anyways.
"Have either of you seen Logan today? I haven't seen him since last night..." Patton said, and you could hear the worry in his voice. He seemed to scan the room, before looking to you and Virgil. You were about to reply, when you heard a soft thud from the corner of the room. Everyone's eyes darted to the corner, where a small box seemed to have fallen off a shelf. You quickly stood up, and Virgil paused the movie, revealing a soft noise still coming from the box.
Sinking to your knees in front of the fabric box, Patton was beside you in an instant, looking between you and the box intently. Moving your hands toward the box, you gently tipped it upright, looking to Patton as you heard shuffling from inside. He shrugged, nodding and motioning for you to open the box.
Here goes nothing... you thought to yourself. But if it's a bug, or like, a rodent, I'm running in the opposite direction. You settled your escape plan, nodding, confident you had a great plan. Your hand gripped the box lid, slowly lifting it up and off of its home.
"Took you long enough." A small figure huffed. The lid dropped from your hand, along with your jaw, as you heard Patton gasp. Logan stood, arms crossed, 3 inches tall, in front of you, staring up from what seemed an impossible angle.
"Logan?!" Patton had his sweater covering his mouth, but you could tell he was beaming. His eyes were wide with excitement, trying to hold himself back- for Logan's sake probably.
"Logan?" You heard a now mildly interested Virgil behind you, as he stood up, watching over your shoulder.
"Guess we found you..." You replied, dumbfounded. You watched Logan take a step back, fixing his glasses as he looked all 3 of you over, seeming a bit overwhelmed, but as usual, not wanting anyone to know.
"I didn't comprehend how... large, everything would be when I got your attention." Logan spoke slowly, as if it was more effort to speak than usual. His voice was also quite soft, but you couldn't tell if that was out of size, fear, or both. Everyone seemed stunned silent, still trying to accept what'd just happened.
"Well that's fine... you know that if you need us to do something, just say it. Right guys?" You spoke softly and cheerfully, looking to Patton and Virgil for support. Both nodded, though Patton more vigorously. Logan seemed to visibly relax, making you feel warm and fuzzy, before Logan took a cautious step forward, looking up at you with... worry? It was so strange to see him shaken into a state of distress. He rubbed his neck sorely, looking down to give himself a break. A idea sprung to your mind. Your hands moved slowly to the sides of the box, still out of Logan's view before you made sure he was okay.
"Would you mind... if I picked you up?" You asked carefully, watching Logan as you could see him battling his new found emotions, staring intently at the ground beneath him. He seemed to take a deep breath, nodding to himself as he looked up at you.
"Y-yes. It will be necessary, so I might as well start becoming accustomed now." Logan confirmed, though still seeming cautious, and was he... shaking? You'd have to be really careful.
You smiled warmly, hoping to help him relax as you moved your hands into his field of view, and Logan's eyes widened, stumbling a step back. Trying to calm himself, he straightened his tie as you moved your hands in, setting them on either side of him to possibly help him adjust. Hopefully. Logan nodded, taking a shaky step toward your open hand as you gently scooped him into your palm.
You could easily feel his racing heartbeat on your palm as he braced himself on your fingers with his own small hands. You weren't exactly sure what to do now that you held a literal life in your hands, so you lifted him up away from the box, turning toward the others as they leaned in.
Patton seemed overjoyed, his grin now wider than his sweater that he was trying to cover his face with, whereas Virgil just seemed confused.
"He's... so... small!" Patton is barely containing his energy, and Logan seems wary, looking between all 3 of you once more.
"So, isn't this really bad?" Virgil suggested, gesturing to Logan weakly. "We need him for Thomas to exist." Logan seemed to compose himself, taking comfort in something he was used to: providing facts.
"Not necessarily. I'm still here, just not as... tall, as I was. Thomas thankfully won't- shouldn't- suffer from this change." He said calmly, sitting down cross legged on your palm as he spoke. You nodded, happy that Logan seemed to be adjusting well, and that Thomas wouldn't be affected.
"So, do you know what happened?" You asked the obvious question, hoping he might have some answers. He shook his head slowly, staring blankly into space as he tried to recall memories that didn't seem to exist.
"I only remember falling asleep last night, around 10 PM. Then I woke up 10 minutes ago in a box, trying to shift it enough for it to make a noticeable amount of noise, to try and attract some attention to myself as I knew yelling would do nothing." Logan relayed all of his memories, and you nodded. He knew nothing.
"Well, can we just finish the movie and then worry about this stuff? We have like half an hour left, I don't want to leave it there." Virgil sighed, looking back to the TV for a moment before turning back to you and Patton.
"I guess... we should chat about this with Thomas and Roman later too, we could leave it till then. You good with finishing the movie smol boi?" You asked Logan, starting to stand up, assuming you were going to finish the movie no matter what Logan wanted. He shook his head and sighed, crossing his arms.
"As long as you never call me smol boi again." Logan said, sounding disappointed.
"Okay smol boi." You sat back down on the couch next to Virgil, moving over so that Pat could join you. You felt Logan lay back on your hand, and you carefully rubbed his side with your thumb, resting your hand on your leg. Logan flinched at your touch, but relaxed rather quickly, moving closer to your thumb. You felt a smile spread over your face as Virgil started the movie again.
10 minutes later, you hear the front door open. Logan perks up, brushing his shirt into place as he stands up. All 4 of you turn toward the entry of the living room. Thomas steps into the room, a confused look on his face.

"Have any of you seen Logan?"

A/N: So happy. Probably too happy. The thought of tiny Logan just makes me want to SQUEAL! Anyways, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the new formatting. Apparently this is "professional" and "looks better" but I care about what you guys think more. Unless you don't care, that's fine too 😆 Would still love to know. Have a great rest of your day!

Thanks for reading!

PJO Out.