24: Warmth (Ethan)

A/N This song filled me with feels, so I knew this had to be done. Enjoy! (I would recommend playing the song and then reading? Or vice versa maybe... anyway it's a little long to read between lyrics... sorry 😆)

"When I met you, your words were new, and so, exciting." It was a beautiful song. The day it came out, you'd bought it and had it on repeat, starting to memorize the lyrics and listening to it before you went to sleep. You'd intended to turn it off before you dozed off, but you fell asleep to the lull of Ethan's voice. It didn't surprise you to wake up to it, it must've been on repeat all night. What did surprise you, was the lack of background music, and it seemed different... raw almost. Groping around for your phone, all you felt was more blanket, and it didn't even feel like yours! Quickly opening your eyes, you were surprised with how dark it was, but your eyes adjusted quickly. You'd expected the usual scene: a messy room, sheets strewn about the bed and phone sitting in front of you. What you hadn't expected, was a darkroom almost, missing an entire wall, where you were sitting on a massive pile of blankets. Pawing at the blankets, your phone was no where to be found... then how were you listening to Ethan?

"You sold me things, you gave me wings, you were inviting." You heard the second lyric ring out, though this time it echoed around you, making it hard to hear where it was coming from. You quickly pushed the blankets off of you, standing up and walking off of the huge mass. The blanket seemed really thick, and much larger in general than any normal blanket you'd ever seen. Eyes adjusting to the brightness outside the dark room, you looked out.

"Now you're gone from my life, I'm adrift on the sea." It was a living room. Directly in front of you was a massive coffee table, and behind it a TV was set up. Looking to your right, you saw the edge of a couch and-

"Just singin' ohh" Ethan?! Sitting cross legged on the couch, eyes shut, and singing. This was both the best moment of your life and utterly terrifying at the same time. Everything seemed so huge, and even someone you trusted seemed intimidating. You glanced around at everything once more, you couldn't be more than 3 inches tall...

"But now it seems that life's a dream I'd rather wake from." Ethan continued into the second verse, and you wondered why he was singing. The song was out, what else was he going to do with it? Or nevermind that, the real question was, what were you going to do about your size? It crossed your mind to try and get Ethan's attention, but that sounded like a death sentence. He could mistake you for a bug, or maybe even a mouse, and kill you, or- you decided to stop that train of thought before it went too far.

"I stumble here to there no truth that I can take from." You couldn't just stop him mid song though, and you didn't have any easy way to get his attention anyways. You also couldn't just sit here forever either. Maybe if you waited just a bit longer...

"'Cause you're gone from my life, I'm so blind I can't see" You hummed along as quietly as you could, sitting on the edge of the wooden surface beneath you and silently swinging your legs in time. The room seemed to be in a blissful peace.

"Just singin' ohh" Again humming as quietly as you could, you glanced over at Ethan. He had his eyes closed, though his singing seemed to have a smirk in it, obviously enjoying himself. Something new you noticed, was the earbud cord you could see on the other side of his head, and you assumed he was listening to the piano accompaniment you wished he would upload to YouTube.

"But elusive you remain, there is nothing left to gain." Ethan's voice seemed to falter, but you kept humming with him, until he broke out into a coughing fit. Reaching to the glass of water on the coffee table, he took a sip, coughing a bit more and humming some notes, before he stood up, setting his phone and earbuds on the couch. Ethan yawned, stretching widely. (Song ends here for anyone who cares)