Chapter 1: The Cheerleader

Peeta's POV

There is one girl at Panem High that everyone likes. But I don't know if she likes any of those guys. I am one of those guys. I don't think she knows if I exist. Is it crazy how life works? I think its crazy.

Today is the second week of school and it already sucks. This one girl Delly Cartwright won't leave me alone. But what makes it even crazyer is that when ever Delly is around me and we are by the cheerleaders, that one girl would look at me, then she would see Delly then look away. Crazy right? Wrong. I like her and I get the feeling that she likes me.

So anyway, I forgot to mention her name. One of my friends call her Catnip because of what her name is and its Katniss Everdeen. She has brown hair and seam grey eyes. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. You could say that I am strong because I work in a bakery. Well, I agree.

Katniss would never go out with the total jock at school because they have dated before and he went missing for a week. The thought of it freaks me out a little. Nobody knows where he went but he came back as skinny as a tooth pick and he looked like he lived in a mud bank.

Katniss is skinny too. But hey, I'm not a creep. I know that she is skinny because she is a flyer. And you have to be light to be tossed in the air. She is literally, lifted into the air! People come up with crazy things these days.

No offence, but most of the cheerleaders are stuck up and its so annoying. I mean like seriously, just the other day, this one cheerleader named Nichole, ( I am not going to use the tributes names but they come in later not cheerleaders but Clove is Katniss's best friend. Back to the story...) tripped over ten people at lunch, they put 'kick me' signs on there backs, wait where am I going with this. Wait, I meant the jocks did that. Oops, my bad.

But anyway, half of the cheerleaders will ignore everyone and only talk to the jocks. Just the other day, one of my friends went to talk to them and they completly ignored him. I really am annoyed.

~hey guys, everlark fan here. I hope you liked chapter one. Chapter two will be out shortly. Chapter two is "Going back to school." Comment if I should dedicate the next chapter to you.~

Smiley face, OUT! And may the odds be ever in your favor. Bye.