Chapter 21: Wires and Machines.

"Girls, this is Delly. She is your new teammate." says our coach.

"Yeah, we know her." spats Glimmer.

"Okay. Go warm up. We are the fifth team to go on."

We warm up and when we get to the stunts, I don't feel comfortable with Delly holding one of my feet while I am up in the air.

When warm ups are done, Teams start performing.

"Clove, I think Delly is going to pull something when we perform on me." I whisper.

"Why would you think that?" she whispers back

"She is Delly. She wants revenge me for what happened at school."

"Right. Well, remember that I am by you throughout this whole performance. So if she tries, I will make sure she fails."

"I can't ask for a better best friend."

"That's why we are best friends." she says with a smile.

"But you don't have to risk your life for me."

"Yes I do and you can't stop me."

"Whatever." we smile and walk out when it's our time.

We start our performance and I feel paranoid the whole time.

Clove sends looks at me saying 'don't worry.'

When we get to the stunts, I can feel Delly's grab on my foot slipping.

Next thing I know I hit my head on the ground and everyone crowding me. 

Black takes over.

Clove POV

I am Holding Katniss's right foot while Delly is holding the other. She sends me an evil look and drops her foot and she is sent to the ground. Her head hits the floor hard and she passes out. 

Everyone crowds her. The guys run up to me all worried.

We run to her and the paramedics arrive to the scene. They put her on a stretcher. we all run outside and me and Glimmer go with the ambulance.

We arrive at the hospital and Katniss is already connected to wires and machines.

I'm worried. The doctors said she is in a coma and might not make it. She fell hard.

Please Wake UP!

End of Book One