Chapter 10: Meeting Up With Him.

Katniss's POV

I don't talk to Peeta. I know he walks to talk to me but i'm not up for it. I don't want to be emotional hurt again. I am hurt inside. My heart shattered. Katniss! Snap out of it! He likes someone else! Deal with it!

My mind is right but I can't deal with it. Never. I don't think he likes me anyway.

I have free period now and I walk down the halls. Head down.

I start singing a song because when I sing it takes my mind off things.

Well I guess it’s been a while 

Since I’ve seen the sunshine 

Since I have smiled 

And me, who’s so well versed 

Is feeling so damn empty 

Is at a loss for words 

Forgot what it’s like 

To just to feel okay 

I’m praying for the day 

When there is no more rain 

And I don’t wanna do anything but cry 

Oh, and I don’t wanna do anything but cry 

(I don't wanna do anything but cry)

Well I hardly feel alive 

I’m going through the motions 

But I don’t feel like trying 

The hole in my heart is growing bigger by the day 

I wish that I could crawl inside 

Hide away 

And I don’t wanna do anything but cry 

Oh, and I don’t wanna do anything but cry 

Oh, I’m so low 

I’m almost to the bottom 

And oh, nowhere to go 

Even my soul has left my body 

Oh, and I don’t wanna do anything but cry 

And I don't wanna do anything but cry

I run onto someone and I fall. I don't look up. I smell cinnamon and honey. Only one person can that be.

Peeta.

I look up and I was proven right, it is Peeta.

"Sorry Katniss." His face looks sad. Probably because he knows I am not happy with him. I don't know exactly know why I am mad at him. I don't think I ever will. He offers me his hand. I ignore it and stand up on my own.

"It's okay." I say looking down. I don't think he heard me because he is silent. I know exactly how close he is standing next to me. I can feel his warmth. I slightly back away. 

"I should go." I say still looking down. 

"Where you going?" 

"I don't know." I say looking up and shrugging. He smiles and laughs slightly. I smile and we end up laughing. 

He stops laughing and he isn't smiling. 

Great! now what did I do now.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" He asks with a sad expression.

"I...I..." I keep sputtering. "I can't say because..."

"Because what?" He says looking straight into my eyes.

"I can't do this anymore." I say and I run down the halls not looking back.

Peeta's POV

I am walking down the hall and I hear Katniss singing. I am surprised about the song she is singing.

I end up running into Katniss in the halls. She must have Free Period. I don't know whats up with her. She has been ignoring me all day. Not looking at me, nothing. 

I kinda glad I did run into her so I could talk to her. 

She looks up and I apologize.

"Sorry Katniss." I am really upset. I wish I could ask her. But she'd end up running away.

"It's okay." she says looking down. She backs away slightly. I hardly even heard her.

She smiles, I smile, she laughs, I laugh. She's perfect. 

She looks down again. "I should go."

"Where are you going?" I ask because I want to fix things between us.

She shrugs and says, "I don't know." She smiles, I smile, she laughs, I laugh. She's perfect.

I stop laughing and she looks worried.

I am upset but I want her to forgive me. For something.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" I ask upset.

"I...I..." She sputters. "I can't say because..."

"Because what?" I say looking straight into her eyes.

"I can't do this anymore." She says and she runs down the hall not looking back at me. 

"Katniss!" I say and I run after her.

She stops and slides down a locker. Her head in her hands. Sobbing.

I kneel down beside her and wrap my arms around her. She accepts this and leans on me, crying.

"Shh... Katniss. It's okay."

She hugs me and just sits there. 

The bell rings and Katniss gets up. 

"Thanks Peeta." She says with a smile.

She walks to her locker. One things. I put that letter in her locker the first time and I plan one doing it again. It seemed to make her happy when I wrote the first one.

~Hey guys. So It turns out Peeta is the one who wrote the letter. Obviously. So, will Katniss forgive Peeta? How will Peeta get Katniss back? Read the next chapter to find out.

PEACE and Smiley Face! :)~