Chapter 4: The Jabberjays.

~After School~

Katniss's POV

After school, I head for the meadow. After what happened before music was too painful that I need time to myself. Once I am at the meadow I feel like someone is watching is following me. I put the thought out of my mind. But then the sound sound stops me from moving forward. 

Humming. Great, the fence is on. Now I have to wait. 

~30 min later~ 

Silence. I hear nothing. I find a stone and I throw it at the wires to make sure they are off. The stick looks fine so I go under the fence in one piece.

I run to the meadow and I hear what makes me want to cry. My dad calling for me. I run towards the sound. Not stopping at all. Until I see it. JabberJays. 

I can't take it anymore. The screams of my father. Then a new sound of screams. "PRIM!" "Katniss, Help! Katniss!" I run even more following the sound. Yet again finding Jabberjays. Then it gets to me. I cant take it anymore so I let out an ear-piercing shriek. I fall to the ground. on my knees, covering me ears. I see Jabberjays going crazy. I start crying at the sound of the Jabberjays messing with my mind.

Then I feel a pair of hands on my shoulders. I don't dare look up to see who it is. All I know is that I am going crazy!

Peeta's POV

We get out of school and I see Katniss not waiting for anyone just running off towards the meadow. I follow her to see what she is doing. She gets to a wired fence and stops. I hear a quite humming. I think Katniss does too. I am hiding behind a tree s she wont see me.

~30 min~

Its been 30 min. since Katniss has been waiting when I hear nothing. The humming is gone. I look to see Katniss throwing a stone at the wire. Nothing. Next thing I is that she is under the fence and running, screaming. I go after her. when I catch up with her I see her on the ground covering her ears, screaming. 

I go up to her and i put my hands on her tense shoulders. She doesn't move. Then it hits me. She is screaming because of the Jabberjays. " Katniss, Katniss. Are you okay?" she answers me by screaming even more. 

" Katniss! Their gone. Katniss, the Jabberjays are gone. Look at me please." Her shoulders relax, she moves her hands from her ears, she turns around and hugs me.

"Thank You, Peeta." I hug her back and she lets go but she is shaking, badly. I stand up and I help her up too. We walk back to the fence but Katniss freezes. 

"Peeta, don't go under that fence!" she says looking me dead in the eye. Then I hear it, The humming sound. "Great." I say. She walks over to a tree and starts to climb it. she stops at a branch and sits on it.

I think she needs to be by herself for a little after what just happened. I leave her alone and i sit down by the fence. Katniss comes down from the tree and when she is about a good 5 feet from th ground, she jumps down and lands on her feet.

"Nice landing." I say impressed. 

"Thanks." She says blushing. She sits down next to me. "Can you do anything else besides landing on your feet from 5 feet in a tree?" I look at her when I say that. She smiles and gets up. She does so many tricks I can't keep track of how many so did. But what really surprises my is that she can do backflips and she will land them and she doesn't fall. 

"I'm dizzy." she says and she stands there being quite. She starts walking to the fence and she goes under it. She waves at me to come under. I do so because I don't want to wait again for the fence to turn back off.

~Hey Guys. I hoped you enjoyed reading this chapter. More to come soon. And may the odds be ever in your favor. Smiley Face :)~