Chapter 9: Thought He'd Ask

Peeta's POV

When the Principle said that we were having prom, I already knew who I was going to ask.

You can probably guess. I don't think she will say yes. She probably already has a boyfriend. But if she did, where is he? I don't care, I am asking her any way. 

When the bell rings, I head to my next class. Gym. I know Katniss got my letter. I saw her reading it in Reading class. She said that it was nothing. I think she was too embarrassed to say. Its fine. I'll tell her about me sending it to her later. I write another letter and I slip it in her locker. 

I head to the gym and I get changed. When i'm done Katniss and the group is the only ones there. When I look around, I see stations. Great. I see the gymnastics station and I know Katniss will most likely go there first.

But what shocks me is that Katniss goes to the archery station. Everyone is here and they are watching her too. When she finished shooting at every target, They are ALL on BULLS-EYE! She turns around and looks startled.

"What?" She asks shrugging. Everyone goes back to what they were doing.

I decided to ask her about earlier. Ask her about the letter I put in her locker. I walk up to her and she doesn't see me. She is getting all the arrows. I walk up to her and I wrap my arms around her. She jumps, I laugh, people ignore. She turns around and looks at me. She blushes and gets out of my grasp.

"Don't scare me!" She says almost laughing. "Didn't mean to..." I say smiling. "Sure..." She says picking up the arrows and the bow. "Are you going to Prom?" I ask. She stands up facing me. "I dunno. Only if someone asks me. But if not I may or may not go. Why do you ask?" She says smirking. "No reason." I say obviously a lie. I plan on asking her tonight. At night. Not here were everyone will see. Where they will see me possibly get rejected.

Katniss's POV

He cam up to me. He 'hugged' me. I thought he'd ask. Looks like I was wrong. I WANT him to ask me. Katniss! Snap out of it! He DOESN'T like you! He likes someone else. Get over yourself! And since when does Katniss Everdeen like boys? Who knows. But it hurts me that he won't ask me. Selfish!

I go and get changed and I go to lunch. I didn't wait for anyone. I get us a table and the group arrives one by one. Peeta sits next to me. Annie has Finnick sitting to her right and she is sitting next to Clove on her left. 

"So, who has a date to Prom yet?" asks Finnick. "Finnick asked me earlier." Says Annie with a big smile. The rest say nothing. "I am going to ask someone tonight." says Peeta. All I can think of is how much it hurts. 

"I'm done." I say getting up. I try not to cry. 

"Katniss!" Annie yells behind me. I run into the girls bathroom and slid down the wall. Annie tries to comfort me.

Peete's POV

"I'm done." says Katniss. She gets up and runs to the girls bathroom. Annie right behind her.

"What did I say?" I ask the rest. 

"Follow me, Peeta. You to Finnick cause you know why." Cato says. We get up and walk way down the hall. 

"Dude! You hurt Katniss!" Yells Finnick "How?" I say irritated. "She LIKES you!" Those three words take me by surprise. "Do you want to know who I was going to ask?" They nod.

"Katniss!"

~Hey guys. I hope you like this Chapter. I will right the next one soon. Will Katnisstalk to Peeta? Will Peeta ask Katniss? What about the letter He wrote? What does it say? Read the next chapter to find out.

Peace out and Smiley Face! :)~