Acceptance

....it was a detonator.

(Y/N) POV

"Go on. Press it." 

"Joker...I-I can't! You know that!" I replied

"Press it."

"I can't" I whisper

I look at my feet knowing that I disappointed him. Without thought my hand went up to my brandings (this was becoming a habit). I glance at the device in my hand and start crying. I drop the detonator and start walking away. My hands clench holding a rock that I was playing with before I was handed the device. I hear footsteps behind me and I start running, not wanting any company. I feel a hand on my arm and I was jerked to a stop. I turn to face Joker. I don't look at his face, but at my feet, tears still streaming down my face. I feel his arms wrap around me and I bury my face into his chest. Before I knew it, we were walking to the van. I look into Joker's eyes and I see the look of acceptance. I stop and wrap my arms around his neck and I kiss him. A deep passionate kiss. It was long and I pull away, gasping for air. 

"I'm sorry J" I say getting into the van

"I knew you couldn't do it, " He replied, " But that's why I gave it to you."

With that he starts the van and we drive back through the city. I take of my flats and put my feet on the dash. The city was beautiful at night. Dangerous, but beautiful. I look at the side mirror and notice a van behind us.

"J?"

"Hmm?"

"Did you call the goons?"

"Goons? No I d-"

He was cut off when the van behind us crashed into us. Joker lost control of our van and it flipped over. It skids to a stop upside down. I check my self over and notice a deep cut on my upper arm. I unbuckle myself and and rip the bottom of my dress and tie it around my arm, to stop the bleeding. I look over a Joker and see that he was in the back of the van, grabbing the stash of guns he kept there. I hear gunshots and I crawl over to Joker.

"Take a gun and start shooting." 

"B-but J...I've never shot a gun before." I reply

"It's simple," He says, handing me a handgun, "Just point it at someone and pull the trigger." 

He hands me two extra clips and turns back to the back window, shooting through it, causing it to shatter. I hold my gun like he is and aim it a the people holding guns. I pull the trigger and watch as one man drops, lifeless. I look over at Joker, a smile on his face. He was having fun. I turn my attention back to the men with guns and start shooting them. One by one they fall. I shot on that was trying to sneak around, but to late. The car fills with a green gas and I cover my face, breathing in the gas. I look around dazed. I look for Joker but I couldn't find him. I feel tired. I lean up against the front of the van...

and close my eyes.