The Fire

Flames. Licking and burning the old warehouse that once stood as a home. An hq gone by the heat of a burning fire. Question marks litter the property, painted in a bright green. No doubt left by the very person who started the fire. Though one specific question mark stands out in particular. Right in the middle of the driveway, stands a big burning statue. A green top hat sits on its head. And in its hand, a question mark cane. Taped to the gates, a note is left. A very furious Joker snatches the note, quickly opening it to read the riddle that lies on the page. ~what is brighter than the light? What is darker than the night? What is keener than an axe?~
And on the back it read.
Truth is brighter than the light, Falsehood darker than the night. Revenge is keener than an axe.
I will get my revenge, just you wait. I once loved you, but now you're bait.
Gritting his teeth, he crumple the paper. Barking out a 'Frost!' he turns on his heel and gets back in the van he had driven up in. Frost following close behind.
"find him. Find him and his boss. I want them dead. Every last one of them. But keep him and his boss for me"
With a "yes Boss" Frost gets to work on his phone tracking down the man responsible for the fire. There was hell to pay, and joker wasn't messing around. But then again, neither were you.

***
I know this is short. But I just wanted to say I've returned and with a vengeance. I know I probably lost alot of readers, but at least I updated. Hope y'all enjoyed.