A Dark Twisted Web

Chapter 1 Meeting Again

It was November 27th 2014, and we were just finishing a large Thanksgiving dinner with at least fifteen turkeys when we heard a knock at the door.

“I’ll get it,” Susan said after she finished washing a plate. I could tell Susan thought it was weird, and I could tell she decided to ignore the feeling. When she opened the door she was surprised with what she saw, Peter, the Avengers, and some red head.

“Hello Miss Storm, mind if we come in?” Fury asked with his booming voice.

“No, not at all, please come in.” Susan said with a hint of worry in her voice. Once everyone was in the room she realized that Phil wasn’t there.

“Fury, where’s Coulson?” Logan said, entering the room and interrupting Susan’s thoughts.

“That’s why we’re here; he was taken hostage by a group of people. Those people are believed to be Loki, Magneto, Iris, and Chris.” I heard Fury say that and my heart broke. My Uncle had been taken hostage. I quickly decided to join the group. I quickly disguised myself with dirty blonde hair and dark blue eyes, just like my mothers. When I entered the room I felt my breath catch in my throat. Peter, my first love, who I’m still not over no matter how many times I tell myself I am stood in front of me.

“Logan, who’s here” Willow asked looking at Logan with dark blues eyes.

“No one important,” Logan replied with a gruff. Susan looked around and cleared her throat.

“I don’t believe you’ve met Professor Briggs.” When Susan finished Peter looked at me. I could tell he thought I looked familiar. He extended his hand.

“I’m Peter.” I shook his hand and introduced myself as Leighton Briggs. I looked over at Fury and he quickly recognized the name, Leighton Briggs was my mom’s maiden name.

“That’s a very nice name, I once knew someone with that name.”

“Crap,” I whispered out loud. Logan must have spaced out and had forgotten who was there.

“Willow, what is it?” Everyone stood there mouths ajar. Logan had just called me willow, and just like that the secret was out.

Review