A Dark Twisted Web

Chapter 15 questioning

Willow later found herself face to face with Nick Fury in a questioning room.

“Coulson’s here, asking about you.” Fury said taking a seat. Willow nodded.

“Tell me your story.” Willow took a deep breath before telling Fury her story. When she was finished Fury looked at her.

“Something’s not making sense in your story.”

“What’s that?”

“Why they came early.”

“Chris told me he knew I almost told Peter.”

“And how would he know that?”

“Because someone here works for them, and they’re undercover.”

“Did he tell you that?”

“Yes. Why he told me? I have no idea. Fury studied Willow before he spoke.

“I’ve always been able to tell when someone is lying. I know that the bruise on your left cheek isn’t makeup so you’d look like a victim.” Willow brought her hand up to her left cheek and flinched when contact hit it. “And I know what you told me isn’t a lie.”

“So, I can go?”

“Yes.” Willow got up and looked at Fury.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Fury said before Willow left the room. She walked into the Control Center where the others were. She stopped when Peter came over to her. She was sure Peter was going to yell at her, but instead he wrapped his arms around her. It took Willow a second to respond, but she quickly wrapped her arms around him. Once she did, she flinched.

“What is it? What’s wrong?” Peter questioned.

“Don’t worry about it.” That caused Peter to break the hug; once he did Willow looked down at her feet.

“Willow?” Peter asked. Willow soon realized there was no way of winning, and that he’d see her face eventually; so she showed him her face. Peter gasped at what he saw.

“What happened?”

“Loki happened.”

“Willow…..”

“Peter, I know you’re concerned, but I’ve been through worse.” Willow said referring to her father. Peter sighed.

“It wasn’t okay then and it isn’t okay now.”

“I get that, but.” Willow stopped.

“What is it?”

“I’m sorry.”

“What?”

“About earlier today, and not telling you.”

“Willow, I know you, you don’t have to say you’re sorry. Willow smiled.

“Are you tired?” Peter asked, and Willow nodded. With that Peter and Willow walked back to their room, and slept in each other’s arms.