A Dark Twisted Web

Chapter 11 as the day approaches

The rest of the day Willow was quite. Peter could tell something was wrong, but decided not to push the subject.

Now it was the next day. ‘Just three more days.’ Willow thought to herself as Fury was talking.

 “Willow, Willow?” Willow looked up at Fury.

“Yes?”

“Care to tell us why you’re so distracted.”

“I’m not distracted.”

“Really?”

“Really?”

“Then what did I just say.”

“You just said really.” Fury sighed and got back to his subject of Coulson and the videos. About half an hour later he was done and everyone was excused. Willow quickly left. Peter was about to follow when Fury called his name.

“Peter, I need you to keep an eye on Willow.”

“Yes sir.” After that Fury left. Peter could tell something was wrong with willow, and as much as he didn’t want to push the subject he knew he was going to have to.

About two hours later Willow and Natasha had just finished training when Peter walked in,

“Willow can we talk?” Peter asked. Willow nodded. Natasha got up and left.

“What’s this about Peter?”

“What’s bothering you?”

“Nothing.”

“It’s not nothing Willow, don’t lie to me.” Willow sighed, she was considering telling Peter, but then remembered the threat Chris made.

“Listen Peter, I, I, never mind.” Willow said trying to push past Peter.”

“Wait, no, no.” Peter said stepping in front of her.

“Peter get out of my way.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“I’ll move, only if you tell me what’s going on.”

“It’s my Uncle.”

“Oh.”

“I don’t want to get into detail.”

“That’s understandable.”

“Can I go now?” Willow asked Peter.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure,” Peter said moving out of the way. Willow rushed past. Once she was sure she was alone she silently cried. She was breaking, breaking fast, and there was nothing she or anyone else could do about it.

The rest of the night Willow was quite, the only person she would talk to was Peter, and even then she didn’t talk to him that much. Willow knew she’d have to act normal, or else when she freely went with the enemies they’d suspect something.

Only two more days Willow thought as she awoke. She looked over at Peter who was still sleeping. Willow bent down and kissed him on the lips. Peter slowly awoke. When he saw Willow he smiled.

“Good morning beautiful.”

“Good morning Peter.” They sat there and looked at each other.

“We should get ready.” Willow said and Peter nodded. They quickly finished getting ready, and went to meet up with the others, only to find they weren’t around.

“Where did they all go?” Willow asked looking at Peter.

“They’re busy.” Peter and Willow heard the chilling voice of Chris behind them. Peter looked like he was going to attack when Chris spoke again.”

“Are you coming?” Chris asked holding out a hand. Willow took a breath and took a step toward Chris.

“Willow, what are you doing?” Peter asked. But Willow ignored him, she knew it was all she do, or else she’d break down. She kept walking towards Chris. She put her hand in Chris’s. Chris squeezed her hand, but it wasn’t a gentle squeeze.

“Do as I say, got it?” Chris whispered so softly Willow could barely hear him. Willow slightly nodded.

“Good, when I kiss you, kiss back, got it.” Willow nodded. Chris began to lean in, and so did Willow. Soon there lips met, and they began to kiss. Peter stood there in awe as they disappeared, and as the others began to show up.