Save Me

I opened my eyes to see a white ceiling and bright lights. A faint beeping sound caught my attention as I noticed the heart monitor beside me. 'I'm not dead... Seunghee is going to kill me.' The door opened and a nurse walked in, face in her clipboard. When she looked up, she stopped. "You're finally awake! I'll be right back, I need to go get the doctor." She turned and ran out the room, Seunghee replacing her presence. She grabbed me into a hug. "Yah, Jung Taekwoon, if you ever do something like that again, I will kick your ass. If it wasn't for Bora being quick enough, you would of died." 'Bora saved me? Why didn't she let me just die? They would have been better off without me.' "Where is Bora noona?" I asked. "She is ashamed of herself and is beating herself so Minju took her home to get shit together." I nodded. 

The door opened again, the doctor coming into the room. She stood before Seunghee and I before looking straight at me. "Jung Taekwoon, what you did was extremely dangerous. You are lucky the amount that you drank was not enough to kill you three. It was incredibly selfish of you to risk the lives of your children like that." 'Children? Us three?' "Us three? What are you talking about?" Her face fell a bit. "Don't you know that you are expecting twins?" "What!? No! I just found out that I was pregnant yesterday." She smiled, taking my hand into her own. "I understand that. Given yesterday's events, you are going to have take extra care of them, starting with gaining some weight. You're really underweight, Taekwoon." "But I have already gained 20 pounds..." She chuckled. "That means you were already underweight for you height and age. I need to gain at least 15 more pounds in the next few weeks." I nodded slowly. "When will he be able to go home?" Seunghee asked. "We need to keep him to watch over the babies and make sure they weren't effected for another night so he should be able to go home tomorrow afternoon."

(Tomorrow Afternoon)

Seunghee stayed the night and called out of work to stay with me. When we got home, Bora's grief permeated throughout the whole house. "Taekwoon, go lay down and I'll get you something to eat." I looked at the stairs then back to her. "Can I stay with you?" her eyes softened. "She's not gonna hurt you." "I know that... I just don't want to be alone." She nodded before leading me to kitchen to sit down. "So what do you want to eat?" I tugged at my sleeve, thinking. "Can I have chicken?" She took the meat out of the freezer. "Fried, spicy, sweet and sour?" "Can it be spicy and fried?" She nodded, taking out seasonings and a pan. "Noona can we also have japchae?" She opened the cabinets. "Sorry boo, we don't have any sweet potato noodles. What about janchi guksu?" I nodded my head furiously. "It's going to be about an hour before everything, so if you're hungry now there should be rice cakes in the fridge." I pulled the rice cakes out the fridge and sat back down. "You're gonna reach that 15 in no time." Seunghee laughed. I continued to eat the rice cakes when Bora walked into the kitchen. We made eye contact before she sat at the table.

 "Taekwoon..." I looked down at the table. "Taekwoon, I am so sorry. I didn't mean any of that. Like an idiot, I let my temper get to me." tears glistened in her eyes. "I don't want you to ever feel like you are not wanted or you are a mistake. Yes, your pregnancy will be a struggle with what mother has done to our family name but I don't want that to affect you. Life wouldn't be the same without you and the more I think about it, I am actually glad that I get to have mini Taekkie running around the house." She smiled. "Two mini mes." I said quickly. "Hm?" her eyebrows knitted together and Seunghee chuckled. "He's having twins." Bora's eyes widened. "Taekwoon, that's amazing! I have more babies to dress up!" Seunghee picked up the rice cakes, replacing them with chicken and janchi guksu.

(The next morning)

Warmth surrounded me. I snuggled into it, colliding with something hard. My eyes flew open, Wonshik's dark tresses coming into view. Lifting a finger, I poked him in the eye. He snorted. "Wake up." I said, smacking his shoulder. I pushed him off the bed. He sat up and rubbed his face. "Hyung... what are you doing here?" he crawled back on the bed. "Seunghee let me in. I'm sorry I couldn't come see you in the hospital. Why were you there? Seunghee wouldn't tell me." I pulled him closer, laying my head on his chest. "Life... it hit me hard." he looked down. "What do mean?" "Hyung, let's do something today. Why don't we go shopping?" his eyebrows furrowed. "Umm... sure?" I climbed off the bed and went to quickly dress.