Chapter 22

Zoella's POV

I think I saw hurt in Cedric's eyes, when I mentioned about my date with Luke. He seemed sad, and I felt guilty. I shouldn't feel like this. Cedric and I are friends. It doesn't matter if I am going out with Luke. It shouldn't matter.

We were in a nice restaurant. It was cool and silent in here. People were having their dinner with little chats among them. Luke was telling me a funny story. The pink in his hair was fading now and his blond roots were visible. His bright gray eyes had a spark in them. He was talking, laughing and just enjoying the moment. He was biting his lip ring occasionally. Everything was perfect, the food, the environment, the music, but something didn't feel right.

I pushed down all my thoughts, and concentrated on Luke's words,
"... It was the best day of my life. Their concerts are just so awesome. If they ever perform here, I will definitely take you along."

I had no idea who he was talking about, "Of course, I would love to go with you."

We talked some more for a while before leaving the place.

I started walking towards the car, when Luke grabbed my arm. I turned around and gave him a questioning look.

"Just trust me." He started dragging me in the opposite direction.

I groaned in response and just dragged my feet along. It was past 11 and I was so not in the mood for a city-tour by foot.

"Come on, drama queen. It is not that far." He chuckled.

The city lights started disappearing as we followed a muddy path. It was really dark and creepy.

"Where are we going?" I finally decided to ask.

"You will see." He chuckled.

"Well actually I can't see anything right now and that's creeping me out. I am gonna fall and hit my head and die. Oh my God! Is this the part where I find out that you are actually some creepy stalker, who wants to murder me and hide my body somewhere in the woods." I rambled.

"No, babe. Chill out." He grinned. "You will have to just jump over that."

"Over what?" I looked down but couldn't see anything.

"Just jump with me, will you?"

"No, Jack. I'm not jumping with you. I don't even trust you anymore. You might be some cra-aaa" I yelped as he picked me up and stepped forward, jumping over something.

"Where are you taking me?" I whine.

He puts me down on my feet and I look around to see that we are in the middle of a meadow. Luke smiles at me and lays down on the ground. He pats the space beside him. I shrug and sit down on the grass. Luke rolls his eyes and pulls my arm so now I'm lying down on my back, facing the sky.

That's when I noticed; the sky. It was so beautiful, and full of stars. It sounds really cliché, but it was unbelievably beautiful.

"Wow!" I exclaimed.

"Beautiful. Innit?" He said.

"How come I never knew this part of the town. It's so amazing."

"You know what's more amazing?" He smirked, getting up and leaving over me. "That you have my company." He said with a wink.

His eyes were shining bright under the moonlight. He seemed so happy. He started leaning in, staring deep in my eyes, occasionally looking down at my lips as I licked them.

Shit! No... No... No... I'm feeling butterflies in my stomach. Who invited you, stupid butterflies. Get away from me.

He leaned in some more. Our faces so close to each other I could feel his breath. He slowly licked the lip ring and subconsciously I was leaning in too. We were so close. The closest we've ever been. I took in a sharp breath, pushing all the butterflies down, I looked away. I couldn't do it. I couldn't kiss him. I should've, but I couldn't.

All my senses were screaming at me, but I ignored them.

His lips landed on my cheek.

Those butterflies came back again. Oh wait! They never went away.

The coldness of the metal on his lips, gave me chills. He started kissing down my jaw, slowly moving towards my neck.

"Luke", I said, trying to push him away. He just hummed in response still kissing and sucking on my neck.

"Luke", this time I pushed him away. He sat up from the position and said, "I- I'm sorry." We avoided each other's eyes, as if that would help.

"We should get back home."

He nodded and stood up. We started walking towards the car.

Why Zoe?

I tripped over some rocks but he caught me. I quietly thanked him and we continued walking in silence.

What's wrong with you?

I don't know.

Why didn't you kiss him?

I don't know.

He likes you and now you ruined everything. He's upset, now what are you gonna do about it?

I don't know.

We drove back in silence. I am not sure if the air was filled with awkwardness or sexual tension.

Non of us said anything. I glanced at him, he looked really upset.

I didn't even notice as he stopped the car. He looked at me and smiled. His smile never reached his eyes. The gray in his eyes was now dull.

"We're here."

I snapped out of my thought and looked out of the window. I saw my house. It was silent. The lights in the porch and living room were on.

We stepped out of the car and he locked it. We walked silently to the door. He opened the door and stepped aside for me.

I walked in and stopped. I heard the door close behind him.

My heart beats were getting out of control. I turned around to face him.

Okay. Let's do this.

And I kissed him.

Taken aback from this sudden move he gasped and his eyes widened. I pull back and look into his eyes. After a moment of shock, he comes back to his senses and smiles brightly. His smile is breathtaking.

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to him. He kisses me back. His soft and warm lips move against mine. I close my eyes, smiling against his lips and grip on his shirt.

I push him into the door and kiss him passionately. His back hits the door quite loudly and he wince.

"Sorry", I said, as we broke the kiss.

He chuckles, but pulls me closer and press his lips back on mine.

His lips moved roughly against mine and I cheekily bite his lip ring. He smirks into the kiss, and pick me up, shoving me into the door. I wrap my legs around his waist and deepen the kiss.

That's when I hear someone clear their throat.

I push him away quickly and jump on my feet.

"Um...I... I was about to leave." Says Cedric, before rushing out of the door.

Oh my God! That was awkward.

Luke just smiles at me and gives me one last kiss before walking inside the house.

What did just happen?

__________________________________________

So yeah! That happened.

VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOY 💙

The Daysजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें