Chapter Six

Standing on the edge of the wall, Valvia has her arms crossed with both her exceeds upon her shoulders – both turned away from the arena's floor and watching to ensure no-one comes close to themselves, or their human companion. Nata, Shinju and Coa on the other side of Thundering Fenrir's competitor's booth with the surrounding stands filled with the members of the guild who aren't participating.

All members, besides Valvia and the exceeds watching Chiko raise their guilds' flag into the air with pride. The material of white blaring strong with the deep amber guild mark embossed in the centre.

"Settle down everyone!" Mato exclaims, jumping from one foot to the other to show off his excitement as he stands in the middle of the sand covered arena. His voice instantly making people find their seats with food and drinks galore.

The scent strong and instantly rupturing the dragon slayers' noses – some scents bitter, sweet or savoury. Valvia's nose twitching as she emerges from one of the doors leading to the citizens' stands.

Her body jumping upon the arena wall and casually making her walk the length to reach her own guilds booth. She doesn't seem too bothered about walking straight past some of the guilds who stop and stare towards the strange magic emitting mage. Michiko and Miki behind her, with cellophane boxes and a delicious scent rising off them.

The boxes large, seemingly too much for just the three of them.

"Our first event is called Spotlight! So please, guilds, pick your contenders!" The pumpkin headed mascot yells into his microphone. "Then we will get the first vent underway!"

"I'll go," Chrino instantly states, stepping forth as his appearance filters onto the lacrima screens. His facial expression looking uninterested as he yawns, stretches and licks his bottom lip.

"From Vemonguard, we have Chrino!"

"It's strange..." Miki murmurs, taking the box from his twins paws and placing them upon the roof of the Thundering Fenrir competitor booth before lowering himself down, and landing on Valvia's shoulder who still stands on the arena's stony wall, Michiko leaping onto the other.

Valvia humming softly in reply as she turns towards the arena.

"Vemonguard, I would've thought it would be called Venomguard, did they purposely spelt it wrong? If so, what is its purpose?" He receives a soft shrug and no reply from his twin who seems to be peering through the gaps in her fans into the distance.

"I can do this one, Kagura." Arianna smiles, determination in her eyes with her words drawled with a strange accent.

"Just do your best." Kagura replies, nodding in her direction as she steps forth, Arianna's face appearing on the screen, replacing Chrino. Jenny stepping forth with waving her hand in the air, flashing a flirtatious pose to the males of the audience.

"From Mermaid Heel, we have Arianna Webb and Jenny Realight from Blue Pegasus!"

"Kagura... One person I'll beat to the ground." Michiko smirks, eyes crazed. "Jenny is nowhere close to dangerous."

"Toby from Lamia Scale, and... Cana from Fairy Tail Team B! Orga has even joined the arena floor for this first game!"

Toby walking with hunched shoulders and an angry expression on his face while Cana walks down with a glass bottle of green in her hand, taking a large swig of the contents. Orga fist bumping the air, gaining a few chants of 'Sabertooth'.

"Alcoholic." Valvia murmurs softly, although it's more like an observation than an insult.