Chapter Nineteen

The night a cold one, the breeze chilling as if Mother Nature is reacting to Valvia's fading heart beat. Each alleyway of Crocus, dark and brooding, waiting to suck up any life that enters them and hold them hostage against the light.

The moon gazing upon the earth with a disheartened expression. If you looked close enough, you'd see the eyes.

The eyes.

The quietness only lingering around them, when citizens catch sight of them, they squeal and point. Late night stores and bars opened and packed from Fiore citizens who have yet to return to their homes from the capital. The buzz of the games tragic ending still hanging within the air.

"Miki in pain?" Frosche murmurs sadly, cheeks dampened from recent tears. His mouth quivering and paws twiddling together. "Fro carry Miki? Fro can." Despite being in obvious pain, the eldest twin chuckles - hoarsely. 

Rogue eyes the two in front of him, keeping a close distance behind them. Miki also refused his offer previously in picking him up and giving him a lift back to the hospital. The other dragon slayers at his side - tense and quiet. The remainder exceeds at their feet.

"Indeed, it is more difficult than it looks." Miki coughs, limping along the cobble ground of Crocus, dagger in hand aiding with each step. "But don't give me your pity. I hold my pride up high." His golden eyes flicker from the frog costumed exceed at his side to the sight of the hospital that peers towards them as they turn a corner.

Golden eyes lingering on a window on the forth floor more than the others in which has blinds of white draped across them, allowing no sight within. However, the slight barrier of metal outside is covered in vines and hanging plant pots with blooming white roses within them.

Pure, yet deadly.

"Did Michiko really allow you to leave?" Lector questions, staying at Sting's feet as Miki halts metres from the hospital's sensitive lacrima automatic doors. Frosche releasing a light 'humph' as he connects with Miki's side causing a gritting of teeth. 

"Michiko is asleep, so just be calm in the room until she wakes. That is my only advice. If not, she'll probably attack you in her haze." He turns his gaze back to the hospital doors and enters through them, leaving the group behind him, still unmoving. The male exceed gaining a range of looks as he walks through the lobby and past the receptionist down the long corridor. 

Without any words, the group follows swiftly after, looking towards Rassai whose standing in front of two men who are dressed smartly in white and royal blue attire, pens in their front pocket. Her eyes holding suspicion but a look that says 'Tell me everything after'. 

Reaching Miki was easy, as he continues to stumble and limp down the pristine corridor - another paw now gripping the wall for support. The slight blood coaxing his bandaged paws leaving a slight stain on the white wallpaper.

"I hope those aren't looks of pity as you watch me struggle." Miki mutters, yet its easily heard. Turning around as sharply as possible to watch gazes suddenly snap away. Rolling his golden eyes, his back pressing against a door to reveal wooden stairs. "That's what I thought..."

Miki releases a growl of protest as he's suddenly lifted and held securely in warm arms. "I said I can walk alone." His eyes catching the slight movement of medical staff walking down the stairs past them, with clipboards in hand. Body sizzling in a bubbling pain at the tight hold.

"But we can get you back to your sister quicker this way." Natsu grins down at him. Miki only shifts his gaze away, and gasps lightly causing the fire dragon slayer to lessen his tight grip.