Chapter Sixteen

"I can't believe this..." Coa grumbles, rubbing his forehead and sighing deeply. The clouds outside covering the moon and bathing Crocus into darkness with the only lanterns, lampposts and house lights to give the chillingly silent night a spooky glow. 

"They've always been good as suddenly vanishing, no matter their location. They could've flew out for all we know." Rassai rubs his back soothingly, eyes tracking Nata whose pacing back and forth near the bottom of the staircase, not seeming too bother with resting despite her still healing wounds. "The clouds could've possibly allowed it."

"You got that right..." Laso replies, sitting on a table facing his comrades that haven't fallen asleep despite the fact it's early, very early morning. The hanging lacrima clock above the bar reading '02:09'. "But Miki isn't in any condition for them to suddenly up and leave! No matter what, Valvia hasn't got healing magic. Do they really expect to heal him with their limited knowledge?"

"Apparently so..." Nata sighs deeply.

The doors to the guilds' bedroom peels open to have Saki and Shinju walk out with an assortment of items in their hands. "It seems they've left main things behind... their bags, toiletries... Their suitcases only have a few spaces, so its either they weren't filled, or the trio didn't wish to leave something essential behind." Saki murmurs softly, trying to keep her voice down due to the guild competitors that have been told to retire for the night due to the on-going games.

Saki glancing over to see her husband in the exact same place since he returned from his search with no luck. Chiko sitting slouched over in his chair, hands hiding his face, body unmoving besides the rising and falling of his chest. 

He hasn't spoken a word since their departure has been confirmed over an hour ago. Their scents gone, and after a few hours of searching - with the other competitors help, nothing.

The dragon slayers having been very... unwilling to retire for the night after not finding the female dragon slayer and her exceeds whose bite is as bad as their bark.

Unbeknown to the guild currently in the foyer, that the dragon slayers unable to sleep due to the serious nagging in the back of their minds. Natsu grumbling, tossing and turning - his simple mind trying to figure out how their scents completely vanished. Gajeel munching down slowly on a small piece of iron. Sting laying on his front with face buried into the pillow - his attempts futile.

Rogue's hands behind his head while Frosche snores softly at his side, cheeks damp from previous tears as rogue keeps his eyes narrowed on the ceiling. He had checked the balcony on the third floor before retiring to get a few hours sleep. 

Half an hour he stood on the balcony - not noticing the fact he was being keenly watched until he left to find Frosche inside the door, rubbing his damp eyes.

"However... I found a note..." Saki murmurs softly, small tears tumbling down her cheeks. Chiko's hands slowly drop from his face as he hears his wife walk over to him in more of a worried scuffle, his eyes bloodshot as he stays hunched over and accepts the folded note she offers. "It's... worrying to say the least..."

He doesn't have to right to keep them in Thundering Fenrir, yet... the sinking feeling of deep regret and failure filling him to the brim and overflowing with a headache and long-past memories. 

"Before you read it... We need to tell you of some thing we found within the suitcases... I know it's breaking their privacy... but we had to search." Chiko drawls a deep sigh and straightens his back, keeping the note perched between two fingers, eyes telling her to continue as Shinju plunks herself down upon a table, back against the wood.