Chapter Seventeen

"Sightings?" Saki murmurs softly, head bowed as she walks, hand in hand with Chiko towards the stadiums stands in which are filling in quickly with citizens and spectators alike. The thrill and excitement bubbling in the air.

"Yeah... Apparently there was sightings of three people crossing the border yesterday night in capes, but two had white wings. It's obviously them." He responds emotionlessly. "Now they'll be completely off the radar..."

"Hush... Chiko, we tried our best... But remember, while we may have lost three... we can't suddenly turn our backs on the rest of the guild. We can't afford to see you act like this... especially with the down-casted emotions due to the forfeit - the citizens of Fiore are even go so far as to call them cowards for giving up." 

Taking a deep breath, Chiko straightens his back and shakes his head to rid of the thoughts. "You're right. I can't let my guild crumble. It was their decision, not ours. If they don't want our help, then I won't sit by and attempt it." Saki smiles softly, tightening her hand in his as they push open the doors towards the previous Thundering Fenrir stands that the organisers have allowed them keep till the end of the games.

His strong stance catching the attention of his guild members who straighten their spines from their slouched positions. Coa lounging side-wards with his head against Rassai's lap, eyes closed and leg swinging. Nata and Shinju sitting with their backs against one another and arms crossed while the other members are sprawled around. 

"It's still you're damn fault." Rassai hisses, keeping her eyes forward while her clenched hands shake, careful however to not connect her knuckles with Coa's head. "For once, I gotta agree with Rassai, it wasn't your right to tell them." Laso adds on. 

"Pfft. Blame me all you want. I did the right thing." Braxi growls, standing and storming off, slamming shoulders with Chiko who doesn't look fazed as he vanished out of their view through the doors they just entered through. 

"Enough. You two, Braxi is not to fault here. You are to drop it, and no longer blame him for his actions." Releasing Saki's hand, Chiko climbs upon the stone wall that lines the arena floor, and gazes across his members with determination. "Just because we lost Valvia, Miki and Michiko doesn't mean we halt everything. Yes, it's a devastation, but it was their own free will to leave. They're strong, smart and we don't need to fret. They can handle themselves out there. The land of Ishgar means nothing."

"But they're so small in such a large continent." Rassai murmurs, down casting her eyes to the ground. "Their anger and attitudes will make it almost impossible for them to get jobs to provide for themselves..."

"They'll get by." Saki soothes, passing a gently and encouraging smile. "It's The Thundering Fenrir we're talking about."

"Good Morning, People of Fiore! And what a brilliant morning it is!" Chapati yells into his microphone - silencing the discussion, only to have screams and cheers echo. "After a week of amazing deductions, battles and tactics, it's finally the final day of this years games! And let me tell you, I'm thrilled and excited after hearing the plans for this great finale! Just as much as I, i'm sure you all are excited, so we will begin immediately and explain this years' grand Finale!" 

As Chapati finishes his yell that echoes throughout the now silence stadium, with banners and crest embedded flags being swung side to side, the large lacrima vision screens slowly sizzle into existence, flickering between the six teams that aren't standing within Domus Flau's arena.

In between the screens, similarly large score boards materialise, showing the six guild emblems, their members and current scores. Beneath the six teams, are Fairy Tail B, and Thundering Fenrir, with large red slashes through them, the picture of their members and their scores.