Chapter Nine

Coa grumbles in detest as Miki stalks off, swinging his blade freely. "That's your fault! If you didn't scream, Michiko would still be asleep!" He snaps, pointing a finger towards the two girls who have bowed heads and a few metres between them. "This was a good opportunity to actually speak with Miki alone too! Those dragon slayers offered to help, as did their exceeds and you just messed it up!"

"Frosch!" Rogue yells, quickly stepping forward with fright and scooping the small, frog costumed exceed into his arms – the small exceed who was attempting to run after them with a cheery expression and no second thoughts. "Don't follow them." He grumbles, "Not alone."

The foyer filled with soft murmurs about the small fiasco from the Thundering Fenrir members. "They are scary..." Lector shivers nervously, as does Happy. "Reminds me of Erza." He whispers to the maroon exceed. "But worse."

"Don't. Its suicide. They're stronger than you think - especially Valvia. I'll explain to Master why you won't be able to communicate with them tonight." Coa explains, giving them a tight smile and scratching the back of his head after passing a pointed stare towards the water, and nature god slayers.

"Do you seriously not know why they're like this?" Pantherlily questions, filled with concern. Wendy, Chelia and Carla now using this chance to walk through the door with a bag or two of their own.

"Of course not." Laso voices, a mug of half drank beer in his hold, taking another swig casually, hiccupping moments after. His body at a table with Cana and Bacchus - who crashed the party despite not being in a guild participating. "Those three used to be... amazing. Full of life and joy."

"That's Laso, I guess you could say one of the founders. He was around when they were younger and joined the guild over a decade ago." Coa whispers.

"Lost and hopeless, yet a magical power of that to slay dragons. Quite amazing for someone as timid as she was." Laso continues, downing his mug of beer before slamming it on his table and high fiving Bacchus who cheers, nearly falling off his own chair. "Let's not forget the difference in the exceeds. Smart and acted like toddlers or in this case – wee kittens!"

"Myself and a few buddies have our own theory though." Laso passes them all a lopsided grin.

"What theory?" Yukino asks softly, turning her gaze towards Thundering Fenrir's strong drinker and verified smarty allelic when the times comes round. Laso opens his mouth, ready to reply but Rassai groans in response. Her ebony eyes rolling as she casually kicks her legs up upon the table.

"Oh jeez, not that one! It's implausible." Her ebony eyes matching her hair that is pulled into a messy bun upon her hair, like Laso, she's one of the older people in the guild in their late twenties and always is squabbling with him. Yet... everyone has them as Thundering Fenrir's-...

"Top OTP, incoming." Shinju grins. Nata laughing. "Incoming OTP fight!"

"What other reason would it be? I've known those three misfits longer than you." Laso replies, smirking as he stands up, followed by the scrapping of Rassai's chair against the ground.

"Oh yeah? By like, a week! Dumbass! Go get drunk in the streets and don't pour your delusional ideals and theories on people. There's a thing called a puberty!"

"Menstrual cycle is only a week every month! Not every fecking day! Besides! Those exceeds wouldn't have one..." His gaze turns towards the exceeds of Fairy Tail and Sabertooth. "Do you?"

"Puberty isn't just a female's menstrual cycle! Baka!" Getting closer she hits him over the back of the head and their heads collide. "And don't ask people, or exceeds that!"

"Reminds me of Natsu-san and Gray-san." Wendy whispers to Chelia in sync with Carla muttering 'Idiots'.

"Fro wants to help them Rogue?" Frosche questions again, turning around in Rogue's arms and glancing up to him with his large eyes and pleading smile.