Chapter Eighteen

The hotel foyer silent, despite the clutter of wizards currently occupying it.  Some hunched on the benches, a few sitting upon the table tops while the rest are sitting upon the wooden floors. The games over, ending in a undecided winner due to the circumstances of fatally wounded and broken rules.

Crowds, pissed and angered due to the cancelation when the finale battle was looming around the corner, but after the three days since the fatal night Valvia and Miki fell unconscious, the crowds finally began to dissipate and understand as there has been no word about their condition.

It called upon the end of the Games for this year, and the buildings in which were affected, or destroyed are being rebuilt and repaired. Some guilds having returned to their guild halls across the country, including Blue Pegasus and Lamia Scale - not before giving their best wishes towards Thundering Fenrir about their untold recovery.

Despite the hatred that Fenrir's reincarnation always showed to them - and Hibiki's vicious defeat - their concern was strong. 

Sabertooth and Fairy Tail being two guilds who have stayed behind. Only a few of Mermaid Heel have stayed while the remainder of their guild went home to their coastal town. The silence only proof that everyone has their minds elsewhere. Whether on the cancellation of the Games, or the betrayal that makes no sense, no-one can focus on anything, or the same thing.

"Any luck?" Chiko questions in an almost unconscious manner, his eyes sunken in, his slight wrinkles showing and lips cracked. Face re-bandaged with fresh white linen to hide the healing wounds that formed as a result of Michiko's claws. Attire down-played to  sweatpants and a loose shirt. His gaze locked onto Saki as she closed the hotel door behind her, narrowly missing a waiter who scuffles by with his head down - embarrassment still hung on him due to the accident with Michiko and Miki days prior.

"Afraid not... They aren't apart of Thundering Fenrir anymore... So we aren't allowed entry." Saki replies depleted, running her fingers through her hair before wondering over towards her guild who are have a distanced look in their orbs. "Rassai's still over there though, trying to get through the refusing alchemists. But, it it's not looking good."

"How about Michiko?" Laso asks, swirling an empty mug in his hand. For once, being alcohol free for more than forty eight hours. "Perhaps its her not letting us through? Can't we ask the medical officers to sedate her or something?"

"Asking that of them could be insane and life-threatening. You know what happens when they see needles. Attempting to sedate her while Miki and Valvia are both out of commission is just to much." Nata responses, laying upon her back on the ground, arm slung over her eyes. "There is already enough people injured in the week of the games - we can't have professionals suddenly being injured just to allow us entry."

"Since when do you speak like that?" Shinju smirks almost weakly, kicking a leg over the other as she munches down on a breadstick dipped in a spicy chive sauce. "You sound almost smart and wise when speaking like that."

"Tree-hugger..."

Coa just sighs. "To give us back some normality, i'm actually pushing you both to fight. Please do. Break a table, smash a glass. Just give me something to watch and laugh at." 

Nearby however, Chiko, or any of Thundering Fenrir has yet to speak to the Dragon Slayers, or their exceeds who are all crowded around a specific table, including Wendy whose recovered and currently sipping on some non-alcoholic beverage. 

"These games really were eventful..." Lucy murmurs, running her fingers over her gold and silver keys which are sprawled out on the table, still hung on a large circular key-ring wrapped in a pouch.