Chapter Eleven

"How did they know that girls' magic?" Lucy murmurs, rubbing her chin slightly as the teams are scurried off the field allowing the event 'Steady' to be set up. The magical pressure around the arena building in preparations. "Perhaps she can feel ones' magical affinity?"

"She just ditched her comrade!" Natsu seethes, seemingly pissed at Valvia's words of refusing to give any help towards Nata if she's injured during the battle. Compared to before, excited to meet and aid the dragon slayer of Thundering Fenrir, this little detail has set him off.

"We cannot decide on how, but, Wendy will need our support, especially against such formidable opponents. Let us leave your task until after the games have ended each day." Erza states, the rattling of her armour echoing in the tunnel and a commanding tone which causes both to nod.

Reaching their stands, they all stand at ease, knowing Wendy will do the best she can. The magical pressure continuing to build from the un-ending reservoir of magical energy captured and held within Crocus. The trio undetectable, and unseen within the stands of Thundering Fenrir.

"Worried?" Coa mutters, crossing his arms over his chest as he leans back against the arena's wall in their stands. One of his legs propped up on the wall while the other dangles down, allowing his foot to press against the stone floor. Torso half twisted giving him view to the arena floor, and one of his competitor comrades.

"If Valvia is correct... Nata's at a high disadvantage..." Shinju grumbles through clenched teeth, the un-ending worry in her tone easily recognisable. "A body like the sea... is weak against the electrical charge of lightning." The grip of her finger's against the stone wall tight – too tight and causing her fingers to lock in place. "Why couldn't she just listen to Valvia like always!? Now the Fenrir and her paws are going to be even more pissed."

"You're worried about her eh? The anger from the Fenrir and her paws is going to be another obstacle she has to build a bridge and get over." He clicks his tongue, "Despite the conflict between you both, you two sure are close." His words make the nature god slayer freeze, look at him and frown. "Constantly name calling, brawling and snapping at each other. Yet, when it comes to battling, you seem worried."

"Of course not!-..." Her breathing hitches. "It's just the fact she's against a lightning mage! We all know how she can't cope against them in battle! God slayer or not, she's gonna be like a fish outta water."

"See it in this perspective." Miki's voice filters in, stepping into the booth with a vicious snarl and anger filled eyes. His sibling, nor partner anywhere in sight as they don't follow him through the door that leads to the currently citizen free, empty corridors. "We're lucky in the terms she might come fourth or third. The lightning god, nor dragon slayer are participating."

His mind elsewhere, specifically on the two who have yet to appear from somewhere out of sight.

"Hey... Where's the other two?" Coa questions kicking his other leg up upon the wall, wrapping his arms around them tightly and pulling his gaze completely to the arena as the male exceed walking towards the opposite side of the wall, creating distance between them before leaping –weakly- upon the wall's ledge, small arms gripping it and with difficulty, pulling himself up.

This simple action not going unnoticed.

"Preparing."

"For what?" Shinju asks, watching as each competitor is carefully situated in different areas around the outskirts of the sand by Mato, Ren from Blue Pegasus is situated in front of the Thundering Fenrir's booth while Nata is in front of Sabertooth.

"When walking through the halls, we were approached-..." He trails off, smirking. "Well, they stood far back but alerted us of Valvia's participation in the fourth match today. She's going to be battling for todays' finale..." Normal sized ears flickering as his dangerous tail whips side to side allowing the blades to glimmer within the sun's rays.