Chapter 2(e)

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Chapter 2

~~~~~~~~~~

If I said I disagreed with the cheerleaders, I would be lying.

He's not only cute. I think I can honestly say that he is without a doubt a very very attractive person. Now I get why girls think he's hot. That's because he is hot. His eyes are big and blue. Not like the typical blue, but a piercing blue color that reminds me of the color of the ocean during the summer. His messy brown hair contrasts with his eyes. He has a slight golden tan and has to be at least five inches taller than me.

But as I stare at him in awe, Kate's words from earlier resonates through my head.

He smiles at me and I swear something in me flipped. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gotten quite a bit of attention from many girls before--I mean look at him.

No distractions, Ashley, I think to myself, although I keep mentally swatting my thoughts away.

"Hi," he says in a slightly modulated voice, "I'm Will." He maintains an eye contact with me as he reaches out his arm for a handshake.

"Ashley," I reply quite pathetically while shaking his hand. I make the mistake by pulling my hand away far too quickly which turns everything awkward for me. Will turns halfway around and looks at Mr. Sutton. I'm still eyeing him--trying to see what physical flaw he has, only to be disappointed when everything about his appearance looks almost perfect in a way. He's wearing a simple gray T-shirt along with a pair of dark jeans which thankfully aren't sagging like what most boys at this school do.

Mr. Sutton's strident voice breaks my concentration and I shoot back to reality.

"You guys will get along just fine!" he bellows, even though I'm not sure if it's more of a compliment or a wish, "The break bell is going to ring in a few minutes, so Ashley, do you mind taking Will to his locker to get his stuff?"

Will looks at me before grabbing his black backpack from a chair.

"No, of course not," I smile politely and start walking out of Principal Sutton's office with Will following behind me.

Once we get out of his office, I stop outside the door. "Where's your locker?"

"English Wing," he replies unsurely. I nod and start walking towards the direction of it. That's also where my locker is located.

"What school did you come from?" I say, trying to keep the conversation going. We finally get to the English Wing and Will walks down the hall and finally stops in front of his locker. He opens his locker and replies.

"I went to Brown High School. It's on the other side of the state and it's much smaller than it is here. I only moved here because my parents thought that going to a school with more people would give me confidence or something like that, but then again, I normally move when my parents are bored of staying in the same place."

Brown High is our rival school. The school that we always want to beat during sports games. We've been rivals for so long.

"So, enough about me," he cuts in through my train of thoughts, "tell me about yourself."