Chapter 20

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Dedicated to @phantomluvah Thanks for reading/voting/commenting on both my stories :)

Do you guys know how freaking awesome you all are??? Thank you all so much for the supportive comments telling me to keep going :)

As I promised, I'm dedicating these future chapters to my voters/commenters. I already made a huge list for the people that I'll be dedicating to. I have a bunch of old chapters that aren't dedicated to anyone at the moment, but they will be soon! So don't forget to vote/comment! :)

Chapter 20

I sigh as I stare at my phone's screen. It is exactly 5:25 and they'll be here in five minutes. Kate's been bugging me about wearing a dark blue swimsuit.

Since I'm such a great friend, I listen to her. I'm wearing my navy blue ruffled bikini top and matched it with the same colored bottoms that has two ties on the side. Since I don't want to make a huge appearance by just wearing my swimsuit in the car, I throw on a large thin white t-shirt and put on my light-washed jean shorts.

While I'm putting random things in my beach bag, I get a text from Kate.

Wear some perfume. Oh, and don't forget about gum/chapstick.

I groan and quickly call her. She picks up on the third ring. "Kate, why do I need these things? We're only going to hang out at the beach for like three hours right?"

I hear laughing in the background, probably Nate's. "Just do it, we're almost here," she replies and then she clicks the end button. I frown at my phone and shove it in my bag.

As expected, I hear a honk in the front, meaning that they're here. I swiftly pass my parents, who don't even bother to tell me to have fun.

I step out the front door, seeing Nate and Kate in the front seats of the car. I slide into the backseat and notice that I am very well third-wheeling. "Kate?"

"Yeah?" she asks, looking back at me.

"Where's the drool-worthy guy?" I ask, pointing at the empty seat next to mine.

"Oh," Nate says, "we're actually picking him up right now. We'll be there really shortly." Kate giggles and Nate laughs along with her.

"Okay, whatever," I say, trying to look uninterested. I sit back into my seat and Nate starts to back out of the driveway.

Instead of turning on the street, he continues to back into Will's driveway.

"What are you doing?" I ask, crossing my arms. I raise my eyebrows as Nate parks the car in his driveway.

Kate turns around with a huge smile, "We're here! Short drive, right?"

I try my best to stop myself from smiling. I realize that Kate made a plan. "Nate, can you go get Will?" Kate asks sweetly. Nate gets out the car and when he closes the door, Kate smiles mischievously.

"You had this all planned out, didn't you?" I ask her.

"Guilty as charged. Remember? Will's favorite color is blue," she replies. "Did you wear chapstick?"