Chapter 17

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Dedicated to @zulfaxxx because she sent me the sweetest PM about my story yesterday and made me want to update sooner :)

Chapter 17

"How did you know he was going to ask me?"

Kate yawns and stretches, "I told you, he asked me for help. What is this? An interrogation day for Kate?"

"Does he know that I like him?"

She shrugs, "I don't think so. I didn't tell him anything."

"Do you think I should tell him?" I ask, biting my bottom lip.

She shakes her head vigorously. "No way. He should tell you that he likes you first. He practically wrote it in the letter, but he should actually say it face-to-face to you."

I nod my head in agreement. I just don't want to do anything stupid.

"Did you know that Anthony asked someone to Homecoming?" Kate asks me. I raise one eyebrow and shake my head. "Nate told me yesterday."

Since Anthony and I already talked, I'm guessing we're just friends, at least that's what I hope we are because I don't want him to think of me anything less than that.

"Who did he ask?"

Kate shrugs and furrows her eyebrows, "Some girl named Emma. She doesn't go to our school, but Nate told me that she said yes."

And just like that, my body goes rigid.

<><><><><><>

I run my hands through the dresses at the store. There's just too many to choose from. We've already been here for one hour and I still can't find the perfect dress. I've been too distracted about Anthony's date that I can't concentrate on picking out a dress.

Kate runs up to me, "What about this one?" She holds up a tight black dress that's way too short for my liking.

I scowl, "Dude, that's a tank top, not a dress."

She sighs dramatically, "It was worth the shot." She puts the dress back and continues searching.

My phone rings and when I read the caller I.D., I quickly pick up.

"How's dress shopping?" he asks me.

"Horrible," I mutter while watching Kate move on to the red dresses.

Will laughs, "That bad, huh?"

"You have no idea," I say quietly. Kate picks up a medieval-like damsel dress and points at me. I shoot her a glare and she snorts, putting it back on the rack. I contemplate on telling him about Anthony and his date, but decide not to, since phone conversations aren't exactly the best for this topic.

"What color dress are you thinking about?"

I scan my eyes around the room, looking at how the dresses are categorized by colors. "I don't know yet. What do you think?"

"How about blue?" he asks.

"Of course you would say that. That's your favorite color."

I hear him laugh through the phone. "I think you'll look great in blue. I mean, everyone looks great in blue."