Chapter 24

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Thank you all for 27,000+ reads! Love you all.

Chapter 24

Have you ever wondered why after your life gets to the peak of your happiness, something or someone will put you down almost immediately?

I hear ambulance sirens.

My head hurts and my whole body aches.

I can't open my eyes, but I hear slurs of words from other people around me.

People are yelling. Someone's crying.

I can't recognize anything right now, but all I know is that it is impossible for me to open my eyes. It feels like I'm stuck and I can't move.

I then think about Will, and how I wish he is beside me.

The world around me goes away, and at some point, I do too.

<><><><><>

"I just don't know when she's going to wake up. It's been a week," I hear someone cry softly.

I then hear someone shush her quietly.

And after what feels like a while, the sound of the door shutting resonates.

My eyes slowly and painfully open, as light emerges before me. I don't dare move my body, but I let my eyes wander around.

I'm in a small room with white walls. There are three chairs next to me and a small table on the other side. My right leg is wrapped up and bandaged and my right arm is the same.

I feel a small tear fall out of my eye.

The door creaks open and I let my eyes follow. I see a nurse stop mid-step before her eyes bulge out. She quickly runs to my side and presses a button over my head. I blink slowly as I hear footsteps at the hall and a doctor entering the room, his shoes squeaking with each step he takes.

I watch as he barks out orders to his nurse and to the others rushing in after him.

Another tear drops from my eye.

<><><><><><>

"I want you to follow the light with your eyes, okay?" he asks me as he turns on the flashlight.

I mumble a quiet, "Okay."

He moves the light from left to right, slowly and painfully, and I do as he tells.

He lets out a sigh and puts his flashlight down.

"Is she okay?" my mom frantically asks, jumping out of her chair. She's been prancing around the room nonstop, and my dad seems to be doing the same.

I sit up straighter on the chair as I rest my bandaged arm on my lap.

He motions them to step out of the room and they walk out. I hear quiet muffled talking as I try to make out what he's saying.

After about a minute of silence and an, "I'm sorry," from the doctor, my parents step into the room, my mom wiping a tear from her face.

"M-mom?" I ask her, my throat dry and scratchy.