Chapter 32(e)

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Am i spamming you guys? Yes, yes i think i am.

ERMAGERD 2 more chapters. (and possibly an epilogue)

TWO UPDATES IN A DAY? I THINK YES. 

VOTE VOTE VOTE/ COMMENT

BEFORE YOU START READING YOU MUST START LISTENING TO THIS SONG. LISTEN TO IT WHILE READING. I KID YOU NOT YOU BETTER DO THIS TO GET THE FULL AMOUNT OF FEELS. START THE SONG RIGHT NOW. (in the media section)

"Hear you me" by Jimmy Eat World (fav song right here)

Chapter 32

Just yesterday, Will told me he loved me—except I didn't say it back.

I told him to make a decision, and I'm pretty sure he's getting very close to it.

"Ashley?" his voice is soft and gentle, but there's this strain in his voice that makes everything not seem right.

"What is it?" I ask him, my eyebrows knitting together. He keeps his hands on the steering wheel and drives straight down the road, rain softly falling outside.

"I have to talk to you."

Those words are the words that most people are afraid of. It sends mixed signals. It can lead to anything. But as of right now, the way he says it, it doesn't seem too great.

"Well then talk to me," I say to him gently.

"Not here—I want to go somewhere else," he says peering outside the driver's window.

"The park maybe?" I suggest to him.

He gives me a subtle nod and makes a right turn, the silence creeping onto me. The rest of the car ride stays silent and tense.

<><><><><><> 

By the time we get to the empty park, the rain is already falling a bit more than it was earlier.

I grab a small umbrella from my bag and open it up as I exit the car. The rain starts to grow heavier and heavier, making loud splashes to the ground. I see Will get out of the car too—but he doesn't use an umbrella. He walks over to me, his hair starting to get wet and his shirt slowly soaking up.

"Will!" I yell at him, walking up close to him and hovering the umbrella over him, "Are you dumb? You have an umbrella in the car!"

He stands there motionless, just like he has in the morning when he came to get me.

"Will, what's wrong?" I ask him as he looks at me with his startlingly blue eyes.

"I need to ask you a question," he tells me, staring at me and not moving.

"What?"

"Do I make you happy?"

"What? Why are you asking me this?"

"Do I?"

"Yes—of course you do," I say to him loudly as the rain falls on him.

He shuts his eyes and sighs—not a sigh of relief, but just a sigh.

"Was that the wrong answer?" I ask him.

"No, but it wasn't the one I wanted to hear either."

I stare at him in silence, studying him—as if that would help me understand.