Chapter 14

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Chapter 14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to an annoying doorbell. I spring up from my bed and a small stinging starts in my left cheek. It isn't as bad as yesterday, but it still hurts a little. I slowly adjust my eyes to the daylight while I get off my bed. Will isn't here anymore so I'm pretty sure he left when I fell asleep.

I groan and walk downstairs, passing my dog, who is barking at the door. I make my way to the door and open it. I see Kate holding up two backpacks in her hand and a very worried expression plastered on her face. I move out of the way as she enters, making her way to my couch. She throws the backpacks on the ground and sighs very loudly.

"Well good morning to you too," I say to her, grabbing a water bottle and sitting next to her on the couch. I start drinking the water, as I watch her furrow her brows and stare at me.

"What?" I ask after chugging half my bottle.

"I think I'm in a crisis," she states.

"Why? What happened? Are you okay?"

Kate throws her head back while groaning. When she finishes her little tantrum, she sits straight, fixes her hair, and then turns to me.

"Ashley, I never told you my full story on what happened at the beach when I ditched school."

"Well, you actually barely told me anything," I say, trying to recollect my thoughts.

"I think I'm ready to tell you, because it all leads up to my crisis." I don't think I like where this is going.

She clears her throat before speaking. "As you may or may not remember, Chris-"

"You mean the douchebag?" I interrupt her. She gives me a smirk and nods.

"Yeah, that's him. Well, I won't go on into the details that happened that day, but I will say that nothing happened. I mean, maybe he was going to- you know what? Let's put it this way. I told you that he dragged me away from my friends and grabbed my wrists pretty hard. You remember that part right?" She asks me while I slowly nod my head.

"Well, before anything bizarre or major happened, another guy came and tore Chris off me," Kate gushes, sighing at the end.

"I don't know where this is going, but okay," I reply to her, kind of confused in a way.

"I'm pretty sure he punched Chris a few times, pretty angrily, and I guess you can say he saved my life," she pauses, looking at me to see if I comprehend, "so he's my prince charming."

"Kate, just because a guy saved you from another guy does not mean he's your prince charming. That's like saying Will is mine because he saved me from what happened yesterday at the game," I explain to her, even though I secretly like the thought of having him be my prince charming.

"I don't really care, but after he threw a few punches, Chris ran off and I stayed still. That guy walked over to me and asked me if I was okay. We exchanged names but right after that, I ran quickly to the bathroom and stayed there until you came."

"How is this a crisis?"

"I'm not there yet-, you keep interrupting me."

"Anyway, yesterday after the game. Will texted me to find your backpacks, so I made my way to the bleachers. I found both your backpacks next to each other so I attempted to lift them both up. Hell, both your backpacks had so many books, I nearly fell over!" she exclaims. Kate is seriously confusing me. This has nothing to do with the beach incident, but I keep my mouth shut and listen.