Chapter 18

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Dedicated to @novemberdreamer for making me the coolest trailer ever! Check it out in the media section and don't forget to shower her with compliments and read her books ;)

"Just one final touch," Kate says while dusting some type of powder on my face. I shut my eyes tightly. For the past hour, Kate has been trying to perfect my makeup, and she also straightened my hair.

"Done," she squeals, placing the brush down on the table. "You look gorgeous." I get up from my chair and walk over to the mirror.

I observe myself silently. I don't gape or gasp at how great I look, I just stare at myself. The silver eyeshadow in my crease gives my lids some depth, and my eyes have a little bit of shimmer on the center of my lids. My lashes are full and long. My lips are the perfect nude topped with a clear gloss. I look pretty. I feel pretty, and I'm feeling very good about this. I smile at myself and twirl around in my blue dress.

Kate stands next to me in her gold lace dress. "We're going to have so much fun," she says, patting my back.

"I hope so."

<><><><><><>

The doorbell rings at exactly 6:50 P.M., just as Will promised. Kate already left with Nate to go to some pre-Homecoming dinner. Will and I decided to just go to the dance and skip the awkward dinner date.

My parents left me home alone because they have a much more important event to go to than to see their daughter go to her first high school dance. They told me they expect me to be home by midnight, and I'm pretty sure I will be home by then. I'm growing more distant with my parents and it sucks. It really does.

I run my hands down my sides, smoothing down the dress as I make my way to the door. I take in a deep breath before opening the door.

Will stands before me in a simple black suit, wearing his blue tie over his white dress shirt.

"Woah," he mutters, looking at my dress. I feel my cheeks warm and I give him a small smile.

"You ready?" I ask him. He sends me a cute grin and nods.

He opens his car door for me and I happily get in. He shuts the door and rushes to his side. We start driving in silence.

<><><><><><>

Will parks the car and I look out from his window. There's a line outside the gym with people eagerly waiting to get in.

I hear his seatbelt unbuckle. "Wait," I utter, grabbing his arm. He looks at me oddly from my sudden outburst.

"I-" I shut my mouth and think of a way to calmly tell him. "Did you know that Anthony asked someone?"

He scratches his head while glancing down at his feet. He nods slowly. "I know- but that's fine. It won't matter, because I'm here with a much more beautiful date who can outshine all the girls at the dance."

I feel a small smile tugging at my lips, "You think I'm beautiful?"

"Don't you know? Even in a very crowded room, my eyes will always search for you, and only you."