Chapter 16

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Chapter 16

I move my hand and squint my eyes. I look around and see people staring at me, with the same surprised expression as me.

My nervousness shoots back up to the highest level and I can feel myself slowly sweating.

"Ashley?" the voice says again through the microphones.

Here goes nothing, I think to myself while I slowly stand up. My seat flings up and hits the back of the chair very loudly. Stupid theater seats.

I walk past a few people in my row and I quietly apologize when I accidentally hit them with my thigh.

Once I get on the aisle, I notice the light is still shining on me. The whole crowd is in complete utter silence. Not even one murmur, giggle, or unnecessary noise.

I slowly walk towards the stage. When I get to the base of the stage, I find the short staircase and walk up.

"Okay, now make your way to the empty chair on the stage and sit down." My eyes trail to the suspicious chair in the middle of the stage. I raise one eyebrow.

Kate promised me that nothing bad will happen, so I take a risk and sit down on the chair, facing the audience.

Most of the people in the audience are wide-eyed and leaning on the edge of their seats. My eyes wander to Kate, where she sends me a quick wink. I narrow my eyes at her but give her a small smile.

Suddenly, the spotlight disappears, making the whole room dark. The only thing that has light are the red exit signs at the door.

I attempt to stay as still as possible in my seat, even though my heart is beating frantically against my chest.

I'm waiting for someone to run up to me and drench me with a bucket of water, but instead, "In Summer" starts playing. My eyes widen and I grin when I hear my favorite song. I hear Olaf's voice and nod my head to the beat of the music. A few people in the audience laugh and start clapping along.

The light slowly appears, but instead of the blinding spotlight, it spreads out on the stage. I look around me but don't see anyone.

As if someone read my mind, a very large figure slowly walks towards me from the side. I slightly squint my eyes.

I'm guessing this "figure" is a guy because he's very tall and large.

When he's within about 10 feet, I realize that this guy is only large because he's wearing an Olaf costume.

A freaking life-size snowman.

His whole body is covered by this costume, which reminds me a bit of a mascot's costume.

He walks to me and stands a feet away from me.

I stand up from my seat awkwardly. I look through the eye patches, but can't see the color of his eyes because the eye patches are too dark. I slightly frown. Is this him?

He opens his arms while I skeptically watch him inch closer to me. I awkwardly laugh as he pulls me into a hug. The way he wraps his arms around me feels familiar.