Chapter 4

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

HALFWAY EDITING. OH GOSH THIS IS TERRIBLE. SO MUCH EDITING NEEDS TO BE DONE, I SWEAR. SORRY.

GUYS I KID YOU NOT, THESE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS ARE THE WORST WRITTEN CHAPTERS I'VE EVER SEEN. PLEASE JUST SKIM THROUGH THEM *CRIES* 2/20/15

Chapter 4

Anthony Smith.

I always turn him down. It's not that I don't like him--I just don't want anything close to a relationship simply because I don't need one. There's no need for one.

Anthony is a football player. No--not the quarterback, but he still is on the football team. Tall, strong, blonde, green-eyed. He's not mean or rude, nothing close to that. In fact, he's super nice, but I just don't think I have any feelings for him.

For a while, he has had an open crush on me--and he hasn't been afraid to show it. He starts a conversation when it's quiet, and he'll ask me if we want to hang out at the end of each conversation. And repeatedly I always say the same thing: no.

He's waving his hands at me like he's drowning in a pool, and his smile is so big that I think it will fall off his face.

He's starts jogging towards me and Lacy. He is wearing a muscle tank and his biceps are huge and sweaty. It's quite the sight.

Lacy goes to her stranger mode, growling just a bit, but Anthony doesn't seem to mind.

"Hey," I say to him, smiling, trying to focus on his face instead of his body.

"Hi," he replies. Lacy starts barking, but I quickly get her under control, so now she's lying down on the ground behind me.

"Cute dog," he says, nodding at her.

"Yeah, she's the best," I reply, after all, I don't know what else we can talk about.

Breaking the awkward silence, I finally talk. "Listen Anthony, you always want to hang out with me. What exactly do you want?" He then looks down and sighs, before making eye contact with me.

Yeah sure, maybe his eyes aren't as captivating as Will's, but they are still very nice to look at. I'm always jealous of people who have lighter colored eyes.

"I want you to give me a shot," he says. "Why do you always turn me down?"

"I just can't afford having distractions, especially during high school." That is the first excuse that pops in my head. Which is true, "And why me?"

He shrugs. "There's something about you."

I don't know how I'm supposed to respond to that. Is that a compliment? I don't like him. If I ever did like him, I would've known by now. I've known him forever and I already knew he liked me back then. I just can't see it. He and I.

"Look, I know you said no distractions and all that, but can I take you on one date? And then we can see what happens after that? Just one? It won't hurt to try."

I frown. I don't really have an explanation for saying no to him every time, and I feel guilty for doing so afterward too. 

"Just one?" I ask him after a long silence. He stares at me with his bright eyes and nods.