Chapter 29

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Chapter 29

"You ready?" he asks, turning his head to me with a smirk.

I grin at him and turn my gaze back to where it was before.

"Definitely, I've been waiting forever to do this," I said nodding.

"Let's do this," he says, and we both make our way into my living room, where we start picking up items like pillows, blankets—pretty much whatever you would need to make a fort for a movie night.

I pull two chairs and set them across from each other, and Will drapes a large blanket over the two. I layer another one over it as he grabs three pillows, setting it up against the legs of the chairs. I grab another blanket and lay it on the ground under the one draped over the chairs. We continue to perfect our fort until it looks comfortable enough to be in.

Three minutes and twenty seconds later, we finish making our dumb-looking fort. Obviously we're pros at it.

I shrug as we examine it from a few feet away, "It can be worse."

He laughs, "Yeah, for sure."

I grab my bucketlist paper and a pen from the table and hand it over to him.

Will takes the pen first before grabbing the paper. "I want my boyfriend to build a fort with me," he reads off my paper in a girly voice before breaking out into a laugh. I send him a glare when he glances over at me. He marks the paper with the pen and says, "Check."

I cross my arms, "Well—this is a bucketlist for specifically me and my boyfriend."

"Yeah, you're point?"

"Are you my boyfriend?" I ask sarcastically while raising an eyebrow.

He looks at the bucketlist, then back up at me.

"Well I can't just be your friend."

"Right," I reply back, shaking my head while grinning.

<><><><><><> 

Two bowls of popcorn and one movie later, Will and I lay under our very small sad-looking fort with stuffed stomachs and a very bad case of boredom.

"I'm. So. Bored," I yell out, enunciating on each word.

"That was such a bad movie," he complains.

"Shut up, that was such an amazing movie. The actor was hot."

"No he wasn't," he retorts.

"Yes he was. Ansel Elgort is beautiful."

He scoffs next to me, "Our fort's more beautiful than him."

I stay silent as I shake my head.

"That was such a stupid plot. You were too distracted by his looks to focus on how bad the story-line was. They fall in love and they get separated. It's almost like every other romance movie, except they don't get back together and live happily ever after."

"I don't know. It's more realistic in a way. Because not every couple will end up together with everything they've wished for," I reply to him, "And this fort is not beautiful."

He groans and rubs his eyes. I sit up from the ground and smack his arm, "Would you have rather watched a stupid comedy?"

"Yes, I would," he replies, widening his eyes and nodding his head at me.