Chapter 34 (Last Chapter)(e)

WARNING: this book is filled with *but are not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more. I am currently working with a close friend on a rewritten version of this story (one that is more relatable, realistic, and better). I will be tagging her account and linking that book when it finally gets on Wattpad, and will leave this first draft here for you all to enjoy (or not)! (Sept. 2020)

Chapter 34 (Last and Final Chapter)

"How Long Will I Love You" -Ellie Goulding

Please vote and comment 

~~~~~~~~~~

It's been three months since Will left.

Every day when I wake up, I stare out of my window, hoping that somehow, he magically came back to the house across from mine.

In my mind, his face constantly appears.

The memories, of being loved by him, are still crystal clear in my mind.

Not one call from him. Not one text or any sort of communication from him. He told me that it was for our own good, but is it really? It seems to be hurting me more than I expected.

3 whole months.

I sit blankly in English class. Today is the day of the presentation, and I've never been readier in my life.

When Mr. Smith first talked about this presentation, he told us repeatedly to talk about someone who has changed your views on life. I scoffed and rolled my eyes when he first told us about this project.

Mr. Smith ended up bumping this project to the end of the year because we've never had time to actually talk about it.

Will always joked that he was going to talk about me for his presentation.

Too bad he isn't here anymore.

I plan on having my person as Ellen Degeneres. I mean, she's really funny. There's so much that I can say about her, and she's definitely changed the minds of many with her jokes. I straighten the notecards in my hand and wait patiently for the person to finish his presentation.

Today's going to be another long, monotonous, and boring day.

It's going to be another day without Will.

"Ashley?" Mr. Smith asks after we've clapped for the guy before me. A few heads turn towards me and look at me, "It's your turn."

Clearing my throat, I nod and get up from my seat, walking to the front of the class with slow paced steps.

I look around in the room.

My eyes skim past a bunch of faces and then it lands on an empty seat.

Will's seat.

My mouth quivers a little, but I suck it up and take a deep breath.

I glance over at Mr. Smith, who gives me an encouraging nod.

Averting my eyes from the desk to my flashcards, I start reading, "Hi, my name is Ashley Collins, and the person that changed my way of viewing life is—" My voice gets caught in my throat as my eyes land on the empty desk once again. I purse my lips.

"Is everything alright?" Mr. Smith asks me after my few seconds of silence. A few heads look up at me, most are the kids who don't pay attention. I kind of wish it stayed that way. They probably think I'm just afraid of public speaking.

I shut my eyes to stop them from watering, because that's what's been happening regularly: crying.

The whole class goes quiet and I can hear the faint ticking of the clock.