Baffled

✦✦Chapter 2✦✦

Craig spun around in his chair in his home office. The journalist groaned about not wanting to work; it has been quiet since the incident a few days ago. "Craig!" Brian burst through his office door.

Craig jump out of his chair, "What is it? Is it Phantom Volt? Nycto? Electroid? Has Relector come back for revenge?!" Craig was excited.

"No?", Brian backed away and laughed, "I want lunch. Let's go!" The journalist slumped back in his chair and sighed.

He straightened up and stretched before walking out of the room, "Where? The diner?" The mechanic nodded, walking out of the house that he and Craig shared. The house was two stories high and blue. It was cozy and modest. After the Relector a few days ago the city has been peaceful and quiet, which only fueled the journalists frustrations and boredom. Craig sighed. They were almost to the diner when a massive explosion came from 2 blocks over.

"Craig, don't do it."

"But, Brian. A story...."

"No. Think about this, man!"

"I guess you're right...", with that Craig was gone, racing down the street towards the disaster. Brian groaned and his stomach growled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Jonathan and Brock, we're walking through the park enjoying their afternoon. Everything was peaceful and quiet. Suddenly a loud beeping, a yelp, and a concerned "uhh..." came through the men's ear pieces.

"Tyler, what's going on?" Jonathon hissed.

"I'm picking up on a disturbance!", the techie shouted," It's a block away. I'm sending you the location, get there fast!" Jon and Brock raced into an alley and changed. Soon, Early Bird and Batcoon were on their way. They stood on the roof of a building overlooking the chaotic scene. A huge, sludge creature, walking around on all fours, destroying everything.

"The Mistress of Terror," Batcoon growled. A woman stood on the back of the creature, absorbing the fear in the area.

Early Bird pushed Batcoon,"Watch out!" The feet of Night Owl and Mega Monkey flashed in Batcoon's line of sight. The racoon-costumed hero looked up at the zip line then down at the two rival heroes before jumping off the roof. "Wait!", Early Bird called, seemingly arriving last yet again.

"Well, well, well. Isn't it my favorite super losers?", The Mistress hummed. Sludge shot out of the ground at the four heroes. Mega Monkey and Early Bird jumped to the side, while the other two jumped back.

"You better stay out of my way, Night Owl. I'm not afraid to kick your ass, too!" Batcoon grunted.

"Ha, I'd like to see you try!" Night Owl laughed; the two squared up, forgetting the villainous problem behind them.

"Guys!" "Look out!"  Mega Monkey and Early Bird called simultaneously as sludge encased the arguing heroes. The two jumped back as sludge started to fill the area.

"Batcoon, can you hear me?", Early Bird yelled to the glob about 10 feet away. Mega Monkey stared silently.

"Petrified. I can feel the fear oozing off of you," Mistress of Terror purred charging up for another attack.

 "Focus!" A voice called before a blur tackled Mega Monkey to the ground; sludge flying past his face. 

"Who are you?" Early Bird questioned looking down at the pile of bodies next to him.

The man in question sat up and adjusted his glasses," Craig Thompson of the Los Santos Daily." Mega Monkey pushed the two to the side dodging sludge.