Headfirst

✪✪Chapter 8✪✪

"Phase 1: Clean up"

Luke and Bryce led Early Bird, Brian, Nogla and Mega Monkey through this black fortress in the center of the city. "Wow, this focker really is OP, isn't she?" Nogla whispered as they sneak through more hallways.

The black walls sparkled as the evening light was pulled into the windows. Their footsteps echoed in the silence. "Wait," Bryce paused, halting the others, "Listen." There was a faint whimper of a child. The men followed the sounds to a room decorated with cells; kids filled every one.

"Good luck and be safe," Early Bird whispered to Luke and Bryce as they went ahead. The remaining four looked at all of the cells. "Okay, let's get started," Early bird said with a nod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke and Bryce were quietly walking until a gunshot rang out. "Hello officer," the woman with the gun smiled.

"Nice to meet you," a woman in a pink varsity jacket with a bat smiled. The zombified two girls charged at the men. Bryce began launching Goo at the women, who dodged them easily. "Try this!" Annej screeched, tapping on her tablet. The tablet unfolded into a small not that only cam up to Bryce's hip. Bryce laughed before being thrown down the hall.

"Bryce!" Luke called from behind his shield Marcel gave him. The other woman flipped her red-streaked hair still shooting in the exact same spot every time. Luke looked down at the canteen on his hip then to the bot pinning Bryce down. "Fuck it!", he screamed as he charged at Red Shot, knocking her to the ground before turning to dump the last of his water on the bot. Bryce kicked the shorted bot off, picking up his gun. He aim at Red Shot but Annej took the shot sticking to the wall with a scream.

Suddenly both men were kicked back, landing with a thud. "Die pests!" Red Shot screamed, standing over Luke.

"I don't think so!" Luke counters, kicking her backwards and aiming his gun at her leg. He pulled the trigger without hesitation. The woman crumbled, her purple veins around her face pulsing. "Bryce! Now!" Luke commanded. In the next moment, the injured woman joined her friend on the wall.

"C'mon, we got to keep going," Bryce spoke out-of-breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Early Bird pried open the last releasing the final group of children. "Mommy?" A little girl called out, almost in tears.

"Shhh, its okay, Honey. We'll find Mommy and bring right to you," Early Bird patted the girl's head leading her to the other children.

"Where are we going to hold all these fo- I mean kids," Nogla spoke up softly as they returned to the entrance of the evil castle.

Mega Monkey giggled, "I might have an idea." He lead the group just outside the range of the castle's presence.

"You are a genius!" Brian exclaimed pushing open the doors to a toy store. The children screamed and giggled, running into the store with Early Bird and Mega Monkey in tow. The two Irish men stood at the door.

"You're staring," Nogla sang to Brian, shaking the mechanic out of his trance. The man blushed, know he's been caught staring at Early Bird.

"Sh-shut up. If it's okay for you to ogle over Lui, I think staring is okay," Brian huffed with a smirk causing many incoherent noises out of the waiter. Brian sighed, changing the subject, "I hope the others are okay." Nogla turned to the distant castle that loomed over the neighborhood.

I know it's short, but it had to be this way. I'm sorry... Hey! Brightside though, we're almost done!!! I can't wait for the Musical Arc, but I will be publishing a new book first before coming back to this. ;)

Superheroes Don't Cryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें