Track 7

Nightmare

Craig's POV

I stood in a stone hall. The walls, floor and ceiling were all stone, but they were the shiny black crystals again. I didn't like this. "C'mon," a male voice said, scaring the shit out of me. I looked to my left to see a man that I didn't recognize motioning for me to follow down the hall to our left. "Its just this way, I think," he spoke up.

"You think?" I blurted out.

We were crouched as if we were hiding. Two new voices joined the air in the hall perpendicular to our hall. Their voices bounced off the walls as they laughed and enjoyed themselves. "Yeah but Nanners is dead set on killing those hero rats," one spoke clearly as they came closer to the corner we were hiding behind. Before they emerged, the scene melted away.

The new scene crystalized in front of me. There was Jon, Evan, and the whole crew, but there were people who shouldn't be in the Nest. Sissy stood directly infant of Jonathon with a scowl to match her brother's and there was the man from before with another guy I didn't know. "Why won't you listen to me? You're in danger," Sissy warned.

"Fuck off," Jonathon growled, "The only one in danger is you. I'm not playing your games anymore."

"Nanners has ordered the whole gang to kill you guys," the guy from the stone halls spoke up. Bryce seemed to flinch at his voice. They knew each other; there was a relationship between them.

The other guy gave a sorrowful look at Marcel before speaking, "We are risking our lives warning you."

The guys weren't believing the three, but I felt like they needed to.

Before I could speak up, the scene changed again. This time was different. There were no crystals this time; everything looked real. It looked like I was in a prison, but no one was there. "But we are here," something whispered in my ear. I jumped turning around. There were shadows of people shimmering around me now.

*Start song*

As one lunged forward to grab me, I jumped out of the way and down the hall. This was a nightmare.

Craig: They're coming creeping from the corner

And all I know is that I don't feel safe

I feel the tapping on my shoulder

I turn around in an alarming state

But am I losing my mind?

Shadows: I really think so

Craig: Not a creature in sight

Shadows: But, what you don't know

Craig: Is that my breathing gets faster and so does my heartbeat

I wish this was over, I wish that this was a dream but

I created a monster, a hell within my head

Nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

Oh I'm so scared

I created a monster, a beast inside my brain

I've nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

My mind impaired

Awake me from my nightmare

~~~~~~~~~

I raced for the roof, hoping to be safe, but the shadows only seeped through the wall.

~~~~~~~~~

Craig: Wait, something doesn't feel right (feel right)

Shadows: No, something seems wrong (wrong)

Craig: And I've been feeling this way (oh that's too bad), for

Far too long

As my vision gets blurred, my skin's getting colder

Appearing young, while I'm growing older

I collapse to the floor and scream:

"Can anybody save me from myself?"

I created a monster, a hell within my head

Nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

Oh I'm so scared

I created a monster, a beast inside my brain

I've nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

My mind impaired

Awake me from my nightmare

Walking to the ledge

I find myself looking down

Frozen still with fear

Now I'm plunging to the ground

If only I knew how to fly

Then I could convince myself this isn't my time to die

Instead, I'm rocketing faster and faster

I dive bomb to the floor

And when my body crashes to the pavement

I'm right back where I was before

I created a monster, a hell within my head

Nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

Oh I'm so scared

I created a monster, a hell within my head

Nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

Oh I'm so scared

No!

I created a monster, a beast inside my brain

Nowhere to go, I'm out on my own

My mind impaired

Awake me from my nightmare (I'm so scared)

Third person POV

Craig sat up once again with a gasp, scaring Tyler who was asleep next to him. "Hey you alright?" He asked.

"I'm fine," the journalist was breathing hard.

Tyler rubbed his back as he kissed his forehead and buried his face in Craig's neck. "Wanna talk about it?" Tyler mumbled into his boyfriend's neck. Craig nodded.

Craig spent the rest of the night explaining all the dream he's had since the city started repairs, the headaches he gets, and how some of his dreams come true while others he wished never came to reality.

I love this song! And i'm on schedule! Please vote and comment!