The Beginning...

Third Person POV

A guard walked down the hall, checking the inmates. His black and red hair bounced with each step. He stopped in his tracks when he glanced into a specific cell. The man grabbed his light, looking into the dark cell. It seemed darker than the rest as if it was consuming the light. "Hey!" He called out, "Come forward." Miss Galaxy crept into the light with a smile. "What are you smiling about?" The guard frowned.

"Nothing," the woman smiled, "Just a handsome man has grace me with his presence."

The man stepped towards the bars, "What are you rambling on about?"

"Mark?" Miss Galaxy looked down at his name tag, "What a handsome name for a pet."

"Pet?"

Miss Galaxy reached out for the man's shirt, slamming his head into the bars. Thud. Mark fell to the ground. "What a good pet," the criminal smiles gently. Kneeling down, she traced a symbol onto his face. Mark sat up suddenly, staring blankly ahead. Miss Galaxy's smile falls as she began to feel faint. "Powers are still weak thanks to that brat," she growled. She looked up at Mark and smiles, "Sweet Pet, please help me out of the retched place."

Mark turned to the cell, unlocking it for the villain. Miss Galaxy slowly stood with the help of the zombified man. The two walk down the hall, disappearing into a cloak of black sand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler's POV

Craig sat fidgeting in the van. "Craig," I smiled, "Relax. You can get your story from here where its safe." The man frowned. I knew he wouldn't like this idea but he could get hurt out there.

"Tyler," Craig whined, "It's not the same." He took small notes as he watched the small monitor. The four heroes were wearing body cams.

"You can't be in their way," I sighed, "The bad guy might use you as a hostage or hurt you. We don't need that."

"But-"

"No, Babe," I cut in, kissing him. Craig giggled in response. I smile, kissing him again. The sweet moment was ruined by a large thud from the outside of the van. We looked to the monitor to see Early Bird defending the van. "Shit!," I exclaimed, trying to move to the driver seat. The van rocked with more impact.

Suddenly the van is turned on its side. "Tylerrrr!" Craig screamed behind me, as we are jolted to one side of the van. I lunged for Craig, shielding him just in time from falling equipment. The van rolls again until I'm on back and Craig is on top of me. When everything settled, I look up at Craig. I blush at the position we were in. Craig frowned, "Tyler, focus. We gotta see what's happening outside." Crag moved to the back, pushing the doors open.

Craig slowly stepped out of the van. Looking around, the streets were empty. "Craig!" I whispered, scaring the journalist. Craig put his finger to his lips and turns to me. I sighed, getting to my feet. We moved outside, searching for our friends. We found Early bird not too far from the van, passed out. "Brock," I whispered as Craig tried to shake him awake. I leaned down to hear his heart beat. I sighed with relief. He was alive. "Help me move him to the van," I said.

Craig and I moved the heavy Brock into the van then I removed his mask. Craig hisses, seeing his injuries. His face was swollen and bruised already and his nose looked broken. He had a cut on his head that looked pretty bad. 'At least he can breathe easier now,' I thought. Craig took a breath, "I'm gonna call-"

The van doors swung open. The two of us froze. We turned to see Luke who was sighing a breath of relief. "Thank God, you're okay," he frowned softly, "I saw the van..."

"We're fine, just a few scratches, but..." I reassured the officer. We all looked at Brock.

"Shit," Luke gasped, "Call Bryce. I'll make sure no one else comes into this area." We nodded.

"Hey!" Craig shouted, stopping Luke, "How's the rookie?" Luke gave a thumbs up, shaking his head and laughing as he walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ohm's POV

I stared up at the villain who was attacking my friends. His large black tentacles whipped around wildly. Batcoon and Mega Monkey were dodging his attacks, but unable to land a punch. I scanned the area but I couldn't find Night Owl. Gun fire to my right scared me out of my thoughts. My colleague, Jack, was firing at the monster. One shot missed hitting Mega Monkey in the leg. "Hey!" I called out, "Be careful, you might hit the heroes!" I marched over to the officer.

"Listen here, Rookie, they're just as much a criminal as the thing over there. So, I don't care who I shoot," Jack growled, getting in my face. I stepped back. I couldn't go against him. I glanced back at the scene. Mega Monkey was injured, Early Bird and Night Owl were missing, and Batcoon wasn't making any progress. What do we do?

I turned to see Luke walking up to the scene. I jogged over to meet him. "Early Bird is in the van," he whispered.

"What?"

"He's beaten pretty badly, but Craig and Ty are with him."

"Did you call an ambulance?"

"Can't. His identity, remember? I had the boys call Bryce, though," Luke sighed. He looked at the scene unfolding in front of us. "Status of the fight?" He said in a more authoritative tone.

"Its bad. Night Owl is hurt and Mega Monkey's been shot."

"Shit," Luke cursed. He ran a hand through his hair as he thought for a moment. "Jon needs to do something quickly before the force starts opening fire on them for real." I watched the fight. Mega Monkey was running away from the fight. What was Lui doing?

"Luke," I state quietly, "Lui just ran off. Maybe he knows where Evan is." Luke nods following me as we moved in the same direction that Lui went. We rounded a corner into an alley where we found the Owl Mobile. Sitting on the ground was Mega Monkey, holding his bloody right leg. "Lui," I call out to the masked man.

"Guys, he's pretty strong," the hero states in a monotone voice. He sounded so tired.

"Where's Night Owl?" Luke asked softly. Lui simply points at the vehicle. Luke looks in seeing Evan passed out in the passenger seat. We heard shouts from down the street and gun fire. Suddenly a panicked Batcoon raced into the alley way. Several cops ran past the alley and down the street. Jonathan hissed, holding his left shoulder. "Jon?" Luke whispered. The hero looked at the three men.

"We need to get out of here. When did police response times get so quick?" Batcoon rambles, "Where's Brock?"

Luke grabs Jon's shoulders, calming him. "Early Bird is back at the van with Craig and Tyler," I informed the hero.

"He's out cold and needs medical attention," Luke added, "Get those 5 back to base. We'll meet you there later." Batcoon nodded, helping Mega Monkey into the car and speeding out of the alley way. The two of us just stood there for a moment before leaving.

Yay! Another chapter down. I am excited about this story, but I think this might be the last arc for the heroes. I want to start new stories with the crew in new worlds. (wink, wink) So I'm thinking 8 chapters left, maybe? We'll see. But I do have other stories that I am working on and would LOVE OCs for them! Let me know if you are interested and I will give you the info or check out my "help" chapter in this book. Well, see you soon and I hope ye enjoyed.