Prologue

Disclaimer

This story is fan fiction only and for fun purposes.. nothing too serious. I respect Keith in real life 

My name is Julian Maxwell aka Juju or Ju. Many of you know me as a professional boxer. Originally from South Sacramento. I reside in New York City.

Year: 29 years old

Weight: 165 pounds

Height: 6'5

What made you fall in love with boxing?

I fell in love with the craft of boxing when I was 18 years old. Being the chubby fat kid in high school and having multiple crushes but being turned down all the time. Set a spark in me, plus the fact that my blunt uncle Lance told me straight up that I was fat and that "I would be sick to grow up and not be able to look down at my manhood" My uncle used to be a professional boxer, my dad was a part-time karate instructor. So I guess you can say I was bound to be a fighter. I just know the day I threw that first jab against the punching bag. I fell in love instantly

"What's the biggest misconception you have or you think boxers have?

"Umm, I think the biggest misconception I have is that. I'm mean or unapproachable. You know boxing is a sport it's not who we are as people"

I sat on the bench reading my biography. I was featured in an article of Bronze Elite magazine. Man Crush Monday Edition at that. I was very flattered that I was getting attention from the ladies but it never makes me an airhead. I try to stay as grounded as possible.

"This is great stuff kid" Pete said rubbing my shoulder as I wiped my drenched face with my towel. Pete was my trainer; this 5'7 guy knew a lot. He was Italian and from Brooklyn so you know how that goes. He worked with some of the greatest world champions there is. I never question what he does. I just listen, plus you can't learn a thing without listening.

"I guess so; I honestly didn't know what to say. This is a woman's magazine then they were probably going to ask me my face routine" I laughed getting off the bench.

"Ha! I will see you tomorrow. Gotta get you ready for your tournament next week" he said.

"You know I'm always ready baby" I laughed before walking out the door.

"Yea yea yea .. stay humble kid," he said placing on his hat.