Chapter 51: Comeback

I ran up and up down the bleachers along with Pete. "I see you keeping up with me old man," I said running up and down. "Yeah," he said out of breath. "I told you, I would fight with you and I meant it," he said. Pete's recovery was remarkable he was gaining his strength back and his hair started growing back. "5 more," I said. After that I started my push-ups, I had my motivation to the left of me cheering me on and I had fans waiting for me to return.

"Come on Baby, you bout to come back stronger than ever" she exaggerated. We were in Miami where I was training at. I had about two more weeks of training and every day was exciting to me. I missed the action, I missed working out badly and to my surprise, I wasn't that bent out of shape like I thought I was.

"40 more," John said. "Uhhh" I stopped taking a breather maybe I spoke way too son. "It's okay... take a break, we have some time" he said. Frustrated I sprung up placing my hand on my lower back. "Man its been a minute," I said grabbing my bottle of water "No days off baby" I heard a familiar voice from afar. I turned around to see Mayweather walk in with his peoples.

'Wassup Champ" I said dapping him up. "Nah, you do the champ. I'm surrendering" he said playfully. "Man, you the GOAT," I said. I dapped his peoples up as we surrounded the facility. "I was just here to check up on ya" he said.

"Man, I'm just training, shit is kicking my ass" I admitted. "Don't I know it, let's spar?" he said. "No doubt," I said getting in the ring with him. It was an honor to be able to practice with Floyd and get pointers he may be a cocky mothafucka but he gives back and he's on that insecure shit. He's not scared to see another cat shine.

Honey

I sat on the bleachers reading an email message from my job.

Greetings Bronze Elite Family,

As of 1/24/2018 Bronze Elite Magazine will now be catering to men to as well to our staff I hope you understand our transition.

Our line up

Dave East

Ricky Slaughter

Kofi Siriboe

Omari Hardwick

"Fuck," I said to myself, that now means that sooner or later Ricky would be in my presence and Julian was going to have a fit if he finds out I even stepped foot in the same building as him. I locked my phone walking over to the ring to see Julian sweating bullets. It was a fair practice and I could tell Mayweather was impressed. "There you go" Floyd cheered him on

"Go Baby" I smiled. I was so happy that he was in a better headspace because boy was those 3 months hard.

I grabbed my phone recording them, this was something he could look at to motivate him on his down days.

Later that Night

"I'm proud of you" I smiled. Julian told me that good news. He had two new gigs. An appearance on the show ridiculousness and SZA wanted him to be her main guy in her video for The Weekend and I was here for it all.

"You sure you cool with the video? He asked. "Y-yeah, I mean its business. I think its dope" I said. I'm not going to lie I may feel a little jealous if the video is sexual but I know it's nothing serious.

"You so supportive of me ma, Imma get you, your studio," he said. "Julian, you don't gotta do that. I can get i-

"Shhh, when we get home. We'll look at some spaces" he said. I knew he wasn't taking no for an answer. I smiled "Okay babe," I said rolling on his chest; kissing his cheek "I don't wanna go" I whined. He sighed "I don't want you to go either baby but you gotta head back to work right," he said. "Yeah" I frowned. My flight was in three hours and we were chilling before he took me to the airport. "mmm" I mumbled pouting like a baby. "Stop being a baby" he chuckled. "I know but we just have this bond and-