Chapter 7: Love is Blind

"Aww look at my young man looking so handsome" His mother said adjusting his tie. My baby is going to Senior Prom his mother said trying not to cry. "Please don't start crying" he begged. She grabbed the nearest klinex blowing her nose. "I know your just my first, then you're going off to college" she said. My dad walked in looking at my tux "I sure do make some nice looking children" he complimented. Julian looked at him side ways "Yeah I've made some nice looking children" he said.

"Yeah you better have corrected yourself" His mother said placing her hand on her hip. Julian continued to look in the mirror seeming not to like his appearance. "Give us a minute Jen" he said. She walked out the room downstairs to attend the guest.

"Why do you look so down? He asked. "I just feel fat, maybe I should've started working out Sophomore year" He said.

"Well you know if there's something you don't like about yourself you can always change it. Your girlfriend likes you for who you are as well as your loved ones" His dad said ensuring him. "Yeah I know, I just I don't know" he said.

"Boy enjoy your damn prom and we can start some kind of workout plan over the summer" he said. "Deal? He asked. "Yeah deal" he said dapping his father up. "That's my guy ..come on down here" he said. He was greeted by his family cheering him on and telling him how good he looked although he didn't feel that way deep inside. He was bombarded with pictures as he made his way outside. The same time he came outside was the same time Honey came out with her date. Julian stared at how beautiful she looked. His prom date wasn't there yet so he walked over towards her as well as his family members. He watched her come down the steps struggling to walk in her 5 inch heels and her long furry pink gown. He laughed at how clumsy she was. "Wassup Honey" He said loud enough for her to hear. "Hey Ju, you look nice" she smiled.

"Wassup man" Her prom date Antonio said dapping him up. She was going to prom with one of the popular quarterbacks at their high school. "You look gorgeous, as usual" I said. She smiled "Aww thanks Ju.. where's your date? She asked.

"She should be here anytime now" I ensured. "OMG let me get a picture of you two.. they've been best friends since middle school" Her mom said from afar. Honey stood besides me as we smiled taking a few pictures. "Julian.. Maria is here" My mother said excitedly. "I'll see you around" I said. "Okay see you there" she said watching me walk over to her.

"Aww you look you so beautiful" My mother smiled hugging Maria and her parents. She had on a teal gown with her hair pinned up in a curly bun. "You look good boo" he said. She smiled "Thankyou baby" She smiled as I placed the corsage on her wrist.

Later that Night

Every time was going well I was having the time of my life. Sometimes I wondered how it would've been if I would have gone to prom with Honey but I already have a girlfriend and she was beginning to date Antonio. "I'm shock ya'll two didn't go to prom together" My best friend David mentioned

"It just didn't happen" I said staring at her from afar. "You two are inseperatable. That's the only girl you said you would wife" My other friend Jaden chimed in. "Pshhh I've never said that" I said crossing my arms. "Yo didn't Ju say he would marry Honey in the future and have 10 kids with her? David said asking Jalen to cosign.

"You did say that bro.. its okay" he said touching my shoulders. "Man ya'll trippin" I said walking away to grab Maria for our dance. You by Lloyd was on and that was the hottest song out right now. I wrapped my arms around her staring in her eyes but for some reason I couldn't keep my hands off Honey. Every few seconds she would look my way as well. Moments later O noticed her date was making her uncomfortable.