Chapter 47

"Ahhh.. damn can you be anymore rough" I whined. She sighed "I'm sorry babe, the cut is deep. I'm just trying to make sure its clean" she said while I laid back in the bubble bath she ran me. Feeling her press that cotton ball pressed with peroxide was killing me. "Just stop" I said. She rolled her eyes placing the first aid kit on top of the toilet. She got up pulling down her silk pajama dress. "Enjoy your bath," She said turning up her music. I began to feel bad her whole body language was telling me that she was stressed. I know she was worried about me and my outbursts weren't helping at all.

"Baby" I called. "Yeah," she asked in a rush. "Join me," I said grabbing my remote turning the music down. "I don't think that's a good idea," she said. I bit my lip "It's a good idea to me" I said. She smiled "I know you Julian, and the answer is still no," She said with conviction. "Pssstt you ain't real," I said. She was right, I'd for sure try to have sex in the tub.

She turned around "I'm as real as it gets baby boy," she said. "Aye don't be calling me baby boy unless you want to give me one," I said. She paused taken back "That was real cute, now your fresh ass needs to finish relaxing," she said closing the door.

——-

I intervened in his conversation with his manager Marlowe. I overheard some things I didn't agree with. Julian looked over at me confused about why I was sitting near him. "So what are we talking about? I asked.

"Just coming up with a schedule after his recovery. I think we're going to do three more matches, some endorsements, celebrity football game" he said reading it on his iPad.

"Don't you think that's a bit much. His doctor told him to go at a slow pace not be bombarded with hella shit so he can be back in the same predicament" I explained.

He placed his hand over his head "Honey, this isn't your business babe" he said.

"We'll go at a slow pace; we have to get the money flowing again" he explained

"Ju are you broke? You aren't broke babe, right? I looked at him. "Marlowe are you broke? I asked him. He lifted his brow looking at me like I was crazy. "Honey" he shouted.

"I didn't mean it like that Marlowe. I just-

"No its fine Honey. Julian women know what's best. We'll continue this conversation some other time" he said getting up. "I'll walk you out," he said mugging me before he left to walk him to the door. I heard the door slam hard, I shrugged my shoulders walking to the kitchen eating a bag of grapes. Marlowe was the one that was going to pick up my documentary and I shouldn't have come at him like that but I started disliking him once he asked Julian if another videographer could record his recovery process. I know a lot of athletes have their low points recorded but I still thought it was insensitive. I'm starting to think he doesn't have Julian's best interest.

I opened my phone to see my notifications blown up again. "What now? I rolled eyes

My jaw literally dropped once I saw what I saw. "Oh, fuck!! I said placing my hand over my mouth. It was a picture of King brutally beaten. Jesus Christ! Julian made him a whole new face.

Professional Boxer Julian Maxwell Brutally beats guy in an apartment complex. King says his mouth was wired shut for weeks.

I was shocked at the condition Julian put my ex in. I always imagined how that night went but I couldn't ever imagine it would be this graphic. I didn't feel bad for him at all but social media got a hold of this and know Julian is going to go apeshit. The video was graphic it made my skin crawl. I heard the door open and I had to prepare myself for him to fuss me out for overstepping my boundaries and now this. He calmly came in and I stepped back a little. I didn't know how he was going to react to this.