Chapter 25

That Night

Julian

"Remember we used to do this, just lay on the bed and on the sofa and talk for hours until we fall asleep" she said.

"I still couldn't believe our parents let us. You know how black parents are" I chuckled.

"I know right, I guess because you were so innocent and nice. They knew you weren't trying to be fresh" she said.

"What you tryna say? I laughed. "I don't know; I think my dad low-key thought you were gay at one point" she said.

"Pshhh Man quit playing with me" I chuckled. She laughed "I'm kidding" she laughed.

"Better be, because the only thing I know how to do is women" I said. She didn't say anything she just widened her eyes while clearing her throat.

"But..you were always trying to put me on to a new mask you made every night" he laughed. "I just wanted to keep the acne down" she laughed.

"It's crazy that you have one on right now" I said.

"It's just noxzema" she laughed. "I definitely gotta get this face back, I just hope it heals quickly" she sighed looking down.

"It will, you're still beautiful scars and all" I said looking at her as I lightly caressed her chin. "Aww you're so sweet" She smiled.

"Actually I'll take that back. You're a damn savage" she chuckled. We laid on our backs staring at the ceiling. Reminiscing on the good days with the help of the college dropout and late registration albums playing in the background.

"I ain't a savage but I'll get savage if need be" I explained.

"Um who would've thought, you've always been a little soft" she joked.

"Wouldn't even handle a spider on the floor" she said.

"Pshhh I'll handle you in a heartbeat " I said. She looked over at me and grew quiet.

"Maybe you need to chill on on the flirting. I don't think your fiancé would be too fond "she said. I shook my head smiling "

"Well, I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better. Still talking your shit, I see" I said.

"And who said I was flirting? Don't flatter yourself" I added.

"Ohhh okay" she said.

"I'm just fucking with ya" I said poking her cheek.

"Ummhmm" she said.

"But yea we're not together, I haven't even talked to her in a minute" I explained.

"Damn, maybe you really hurt her feelings. You sure do have a way with words" she said lifting her brows.

"Stop playing and it was her fault. She left not me" I explained. She yawned looking out at the scenery. "You really out did it Julian" she said. "The skyline is beautiful" she sighed.

"I know, I was thinking about getting me a house soon in Queens or something" I explained.

"Do it" she hyped.

"About houses, how come I saw an eviction notice in your trash? I asked.

"You looked in my trash can? She asked. I could tell she was embarrassed. "Damn Julian" she said shaking her head.

"Yeah I saw you rip it off from afar and I was just curious" I explained. She rolled her eyes "I have the money for it, I just haven't had time to pay it off" she explained