Chapter 30

I did a few bench presses with the fellow guys that I trained with. Today I planned on working my ass off and getting an intensive workout. I haven't been giving my all and its been showing. Those two days in LA sparked a flame under. I was in the presence of other boxers that were eager to take my spot and were eager to be the worlds greatest as well. I also wanted to blow some steam off from that party. I was pissed at the woman trying to tarnish my name. I knew it would be only a matter of time before rumor spreads.

"6" I struggled.

"7" I strained. "Just 8 more Omari" said. Pete wasn't here, he hasn't been feeling well lately. So I was left working by myself. I had the entertainment of the guys around me, Rick and my brother.

"13"

"14 fuckk"

"15" I said out of breath. Omari lifted the barbell up for me. I sat up quickly wiping my face with a cloth. "Nice work" he said. I began laughing "Nigga you think just before Pete aint here you're my trainer" I chuckled

"I'm an athlete too, I started working out before you decided to put a burger down" he said. I laughed because it was true "Nigga fuck you" I said.

"Love you too bro" he sat across from me. It grew a little silent for a second. I was just vibing to DMX playing in the background.

Ay yo I'm slippin' I'm fallin' I can't get up

Ay yo I'm slippin' I'm fallin' I gots to get up

Get me back on my feet so I can tear shit up!

I nodded feeling it.

"Wooh they don't make music like this anymore" Rick said. "You right about that" I said removing the towel around my neck.

Shortly Marlowe stepped in with a bunch of paperwork. "Wassup Marlowe" I said watching him make way to us.

"How you doing Julian? Let's talk business" he said getting straight to it. "Finish line wants you to pay you for a feature in their commercial" he said.

My eyes lit up "Word? I asked. "Yeah, baller alert wants to do a podcast interview with you as well as the Jay Leno show" he said. I haven't really got much endorsements since I started boxing. I just boxed and that was about it. "Sheesh the money is calling" Omari said.

"Also Conner is interested in that documentary Honey made. He just needs more depth to it" he explained. All the good opportunities thrown my way were a bit overwhelming. "I also need another photo-shoot for this upcoming match asap. Where is Honey? He asked.

"Call her" he demanded

I shook my head "Honestly I haven't even seen shorty in a while" I said. He shook his head "It's always something" he mumbled.

"Do I need to hire someone else? He asked. "Nah, she's-

"Remember the assault from her ex? Omari chimed in. "Oh shit" he sat down. "I forgot about that. How is she? She asked.

"I don't know, she wanted some space so I haven't talked to her in about two weeks" I explained. "I actually checked on her the other day" Omari said. I furrowed my brows turning towards him.

"What you doing popping up at her crib? I asked. "Don't worry no one made a move on your wife" he said.

"Yeah whatever" I said ignoring the jokes

"Ha! You saw how serious he got" Rick laughed. "Nigga face turned pink real quick, looked like a bottle of pepto bismol" Omari laughed. "With your yellow ass" he added.