Chapter 24

The Next Day

I slowly opened my eyes looking up at the ceiling. I wondered what this day would bring. I yawned stretching my arms looking down at her sleeping on my chest. I slowly lifted my body up as she naturally rolled over. I got up to get my day started. It was 11am which was a late start for me. I wanted to take a run, but I know she's at that state where she doesn't want to be alone. I'd just workout in the gym downstairs. I grabbed my phone looking at my blown up notifications.

8 missed calls from Hennessy

5 missed calls from Pete

7 missed calls from Marlowe

4 missed calls from Omari

3 missed calls from Rick. I started with Hennessy calling her. I sat on the edge of the bar stool looking over at Honey.

"Oh my gosh Julian is my sister okay? She asked. "She's not answering, I hope she isn't mad at me" she whined. I could tell she's really upset about the situation.

"She's fine, she's over here" I said. "At your house? Don't you have a fiancé that wouldn't approve? She questioned.

"For one, we broke up" I said rolling my eyes. What type of man did my folks think I were? I'd never disrespect my woman like that while we're together.

"Oh okay don't be getting any ideas and shit" she said. I rolled my eyes "Now Hennessy when have I ever took advantage of anyone" I said.

"I guess never; I just don't want her to be in any drama you know" she said. "I feel you, but she's okay. I'll tell her to call you when she wakes up she's knocked out" I said

"Okay thankyou Ju, thanks for looking out. I know she appreciates it more"

"No problem"

Once I hung up I texted Pete. I honestly didn't feel like hearing his mouth but I was interrupted with him calling me.

"Wassup Pete" I said.

"Hey I heard what happened. Is she okay? He asked. I sighed "He beat her badly she's also pregnant and I don't know if the baby is going to make it" I explained

"JESUS CHRIST" he paused.

"I know she's a feisty thing but my gosh who would do that to a woman. I'm sorry to hear that kid. I know it will get better for her." He said

"You on the other hand you going to practice or even your game this weekend? He asked. I looked down at my swollen hand. "I- I don't know" I said.

"Oh you don't know? He asked back with an attitude. "Yeah I don't know, its a lot going on right now" I explained.

"Oh is it or you wanted to be a badass and illegally fight" he said. I ran my hands through my curls ; I was caught and I know he was disappointed but I didn't regret what I did at all.

"I know-

"Keep on playing around with your career kid. You can get arrested for this and lose your license. Get it together" he snapped.

"Okay Pete, you got it. I'll let you know in a day or so" I said.

"Okay, go to a clinic get that hand checked out. I know you did damage" he said. "Alright" I said ending the conversation. I heard her quickly jump up trying to catch her breath. She sat up looking around.

"You okay? I asked.She placed her hand over her head. She was still jumpy and out of her element.

"I gotta go, I gotta go" she said removing the covers from off her. She tried sitting up but lost her balance landing back on the edge of the couch. I just stared at her wondering where she thought she was going or how she would get there. The doctor didn't want her to drive for at least a week due to the narcotic she was on. She placed her hand over her mouth. "Can you hand me the trash can" she begged.