Chapter 55: No Longer Friends

The Next Day

I jumped up out of my sleep hearing someone knock on my door hard. I placed my hand on my head from the headache I was given. The knocking only gotten worse "I'm coming... damn" I said dragging my feet on the floor. "Who is it? I asked with an attitude

"You know who the hell it is" I straighten my attitude answering the door. "Hey ma" I opened the door allowing her. "What is going on with you Juju" she said in disappointment. I closed the door behind her. "Honey called me last night crying saying how you cursed her out when all she was doing was her job. When did I ever raise you to be an asshole"? She asked

"Well dang ma, I can't have feelings? I questioned. She sat on the edge of the couch. "Of course you can but not when you're being disrespectful" she said

"She knows how I feel about the guy. She warned me about and when I told her I didn't like the idea she goes behind my back and does it anyway" I argued sitting back down.

"This boxing has you turning into someone I don't even kno-

"Come on ma, that's not fair," I said. "It is you're too worried about this guy. I miss my sweet chubby Julian that wouldn't give this mess the time of day" she said. What she said made me sad but I'm not him anymore. I'm a 30-year-old man, not an insecure 14-year-old.

"I just want you two to talk. She was wrong but you're her man at the end of the day. I know you love her

"Of course I love her but its only been a day and I just want to clear my head," I said. She got up "I hear you Babyboy" she caressed my cheek. "Me and your daddy are about to go to breakfast maybe we can catch dinner before we go back to Jersey," she said. "Yeah, let's make that happen," I said.

"Okay, I'll see you later" she kissed my cheek before leaving. I laid back on the couch grabbing my phone to call her. Maybe that were calmer we can talk about last night.

I dialed her number waiting for it to ring. Surprisingly she answered. "Hello" she answered with an attitude.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi," she said. "I want to talk about last night. Did you want to talk about it over lunch? I asked. "I'd rather not but if you want to come to me... that's fine" she said. "Alright, I'll be there in a few," I said. She hung up and I rolled my eyes placing my phone back down.

Honey

I was so pissed talking to my sister about what happened and he so happens want to talk about it. "Honey, you were wrong for dragging this out" she said. I sighed "I know but lately he's been a ticking time bomb-

"Like you're not" she said holding Harmony. I rolled my eyes "I am but usually he's not and I just didn't want him to get mad about it. I didn't think it was a big deal its not like I was doing a photo-shoot for him that's way more intimate" I explained. "Yeah, you have a point... but you two will get through it. Its only your first break up as couple. This is new to the both of you" she said. I walked over picking up my niece. "Don't date guys okay... they're nothing but headaches" I said kissing her face. "Tell your auntie to stop being dramatic" she laughed. I handed her back to Henny watching her place her in the car seat. "I'm about to leave because I know you two are about to get it on" she said.

"Girl, I am pissed at him. Aint nothing going on" I said. "Mmmhm, I'll chat with you later okay," she said kissing my cheek before she left. I made my way to the shower to bathe before he gets here. Once I got out of the shower, I lotioned my body and threw on some sweat pants and a t-shirt. I heard my door open and I knew it was him. Since he wants to break up I'm going to need those keys back. I heard his footsteps make his way towards my room. I looked in the mirror wiping coal from under my eye. "Hey" he spoke. "Hi," I said. He sat on the bed as I turned around sitting on the edge. "So talk," he said. Talk? He's the one that wanted to talk to me, I was not for this smart shit at all.