Chapter 42

I yawned turning on the light to my office. I threw my keys on the desk and placing my coffee done. My eyes lightened as I saw a bouquet of flowers by my desk. I smiled placing my bag down. I walked over to grabbing the note attached to it.

"Good morning Beautiful "

-Ju

"He's so sweet" I smiled leaning over to smell them. I heard a knock on the door "Come in" I said while getting myself situated. In walked Jeffery "Hey bitch" he said

"Since when do you knock? I chuckled. "I figured I start knocking on the door now, seeing as though you and sexy man getting it on. I wouldn't want to walk in on something "he side eyed me. I laughed

"First off, we would never at my job. Come on now" I said.

"You never know, shit goes down at work, how is it by the way? He asked. I smiled leaning back

"The sex is great" I bit my lip.

"Mmmhmm for now, y'all two just in the honeymoon phase" he said. I rolled my eyes "One minute you parading the next minute you hating. Which one is it?" I scoffed turning on my computer. "You know I'm playing with you. Well the cast of insecure should be here in a few" he said.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about the photo-shoot" I said scanning through my papers. "Somebodies mind is cloudy" he said getting up.

"Shut up, Jeffery"

I sat on the bleacher smiling at what Julian put up on Instagram. I felt a sigh of relief release from my chest. So glad he cleared the air. He posted a picture of us from middle school with the nicest yet funniest caption.

@JulianMaxwell. For the record! @honey_daniels and I go wayyy back. There's no such thing as a side piece and all these other unnecessary names you're calling her. Bashing her as well as Sevyn won't be tolerated. They're both amazing women. Kill the rumors for once and for all because you guys don't know what you're talking about, not even close. lol

I sat back quietly watching him train for his next match. That's all I've been doing, after work I'd watch him train. Then we'd take turns going back to each others places. There hasn't been a night we slept alone and it feels good. We've became 10x closer ever since we finally took that step. Everything has been fine, we're getting along and just enjoying each others company. The relationship is new almost feels like a breath of fresh air. I looked over at Pete barely keeping it together. Julian finally told me a few days ago about Pete and it absolutely broke my heart that he doesn't want to fight anymore. He looks fragile, he's been coughing all day. It was truly hard to look at and I know its hard for Julian to be around him. I lost my train of thought watching him do his bench press. I kind of felt like a high school girl that peeked through football practice. I watched the sweat run down his body, continuously watching his muscles flex. He lifted up catching me staring him down. I blushed instantly looking away to grab his phone. I nodded my head at Drake in the background.

Pete slowly made his way over to me. I instantly stopped what I was doing. I wanted to talk to him just to remind him that he had us. "Hey, Honey" he smiled sitting beside me. "Hi, Pete" I smiled turning to him. "How you feeling? I asked.

"Eh been in a lot of pain but I'm here for now" he said looking at Julian. "Pete you know we love you right. We're your family too" I said. "I know dear; I know" he said holding my hand placing a kiss on it.

"I knew you two would be together, it was only a matter of time" he said quickly changing the subject. "You know; I wasn't sure" I chuckled. "Oh I knew; he couldn't stop talking about you" he said.