Chapter 11: Let Go

That same day

I sat in the living room staring at the wall. I was blank for the past 30 minutes. I stared at my living room that was cluttered. Between King and my equipment, it looked like a big studio but it was mainly his shit in the way. I wanted him out of my apartment, I was fed up with him and I would not be his punching bag, all of a sudden I left the urge to clean my house. I got up lifting the leather cushion from off my sofa throwing them on the floor; under it was hairballs, empty backwood wrappers, crumbs, and a pink lace thong. I lifted it up in disgust throwing it on his studio set. I knew it, I couldn't even be mad at him. I knew he was messing around with other women but in my house? I angrily picked up the garbage throwing it in the trash. I grabbed my phone sending him a text.

Me: Hey, I'm ready to talk face to face. Come through.

I proceeded to text my sister. I needed someone here with me.

Me: King hit me! I need you asap! I didn't tell her about our fight because I didn't feel like hearing her sisterly judgment. Today she would know as well as help me kick him out. I grabbed a few of boxes out of my closet. I grabbed his equipment throwing them in the boxes. I heard a knock on my door. I stopped what I was doing looking out the peep hole. I quickly opened the door and Henny barged in.

"Why didn't you tell me he, he hit you? She snapped. "I-I was going to get to it" I said.

"Oooh I hate that nigga. I flew over here as soon as you sent me that text" she said. "I know" I said going back over to pack his things. "Just attend to the room, all of his clothes are on the right side" I said.

"Gladly" she said grabbing a box. "Lying, good for nothing ass nigga. I wasted 2 years of my life being patient with his non-existent rap career" I said out of anger. I should've burned his shit. I heard the door open and I knew it was him. I was nervous for how this was going to go. I haven't seen him since our fight and I hated that it had to end like this. "Baby, I'm so glad-

He stopped mid-sentence once he saw the pink underwear in my hand. There was nothing left to say. "There's nothing to explain, I just want you out here" I said throwing them at him.

"Baby I'm sorry " he said trying to come towards me. "Uh huh" I stepped back, I didn't want his hands on me. "Damn you could've let me know ahead of time" he said.

"You could've let me know ahead of time that you would turn into someone I didn't know and waste my time" I said crossing my arms.

Hennessy came out throwing out his boxes. "There's more" she said. "I just knew you would be here" he scoffed.

"Yup had I known earlier you put your hands on my sister; I would've been beat your ass" she said.

"Honey can we please talk about this? He begged pulling me by the waist. Apart of me wanted to hear him out and for us to makeup but I just couldn't. He hit me like I was one of his enemies on the street. I could never get over that... EVER!

2 hours later

After I cleaned my condo, a feeling of relief ran through my body. Although I felt better, I couldn't shake how sour this went. I can't act like I didn't love him because I still did and I still couldn't get over the fact that he hit me. This plus me getting fired from my job was really making me feel down.

"Why didn't you tell me? You went through this all alone. I could've stayed with you" she said getting emotional. My sister was way more emotional than me, every time I'm hurt it hurts her.

"I don't know" I sighed. "Why won't you just talk to mom and dad? She begged. "It's been such a while; it's going to be weird" I explained.

My parents weren't as attentive as they could've been. My mom was an alcoholic and my dad was way too dedicated to his job. So it was just my sister and I figuring out a lot of stuff by ourselves. My mother is clean and has been clean for 8 years; she apologized for how her drinking effected us and overtime I got an understanding that her drinking was solely because of the issues going on between her and dad. One day they were questioning the path I was going down because I wanted to do photography after I graduated from NYC. They didn't care about my fashion degree, they wanted me to finish massage school but that wasn't  where my heart was anymore. They were judging me and I went off on them telling them they had no room to talk and every since then we haven't talked.

"I'm gonna talk to them, I promise" I said. "You better, and you better not stall from telling me something serious like this ever again" she said. I felt my phone vibrate; I quickly picked it up ignoring the fact that it was an unknown number.

"Hi-hello"

"Hey is this Honey Daniels?

"Yes, this is she" I said putting the call on speaker. "This is Marlowe from the other day, are you willing to take the offer on being Julian's event photographer?

"Yes" I said getting up. I was shocked and lost for words. I didn't think he would call me or even call this fast.

"Great! What's your schedule looking like?

"Most of his events start Thursday through Sunday but since we want to do a documentary and a few photo-shoots' pretty much need you most of the week" he said.

"I'm free" I said. I just lost my job so I needed this now. Thank god I had clientele that needed constant photo-shoots.

"That's what I like to hear. Come down to the gym tomorrow at 10 and bring your camera" he said.

"Okay thankyou so much, I'll see you then" I said.

"No problem, see you then" he said hanging up. I stared down at the phone before turning around. So much was on mind, I hope this would be a good experience for me.

"Ughh this is going to be so awkward " I whined. "Your foot is in the door now, go for it" she said.

"I just hope he likes my pictures and how I create this documentary" I said.

"Well he definitely likes your pics, he just posted one from the club" she said showing it to me. It was a picture of him and his girlfriend together.

"Even though we don't see eye to eye all the time. I know you my ride or die, can't wait for you to be Mrs. Maxwell" she read. I rolled my eyes at her. Pc: @Honeyphotography

"Henny I'm already in a shitty mood, did you have to share that really? I asked.

"Sorry, well at least he gave you photocred" she said.

Like & Comment