Bucky Barnes ; Avenger Hunger Games

"What a stupid ending."

You frowned at Sam, who was sitting on the edge of his seat as the end credits begin to roll. You were curled up against Bucky's chest, his metal arm wrapped around you. He'd played with your hair absentmindedly for the last half of the movie.

"You didn't like it?" you asked.

"Why the hell would Katniss Everdeen," Clint cut in, "badass chick with a bow, settle down with cake boy?" Your frown deepened.

"Cake boy?" you snorted.

"He was a baker, right?" Bucky chuckled, and you smacked his chest lightly.

"Peeta is a good guy," you argued.

"Definitely not who I would have gone with," Tony said, standing and stretching his arms toward the ceiling of the theater room. "But then again, after I won the Hunger Games –"

"What, you seriously think you would win?" Sam barked out a laugh.

"I think it's pretty obvious who would be the winner, here," Tony said, almost condescendingly, meeting eyes with everyone in the room.

"Obvious is right," Natasha piped up. Everyone turned to her, and she raised her eyebrows and nodded towards Bruce. Bruce shrugged away from the attention, sinking into his chair.

"Big guy wins every time," Natasha smiled, as Bruce blushed.

"Sure, but what if I've got Veronica on my side?" Tony challenged, sitting back down and leaning forward in his seat.

"No suits in the arena," Steve said, an amused smile on his face.

"What?" Tony scoffed, "no, that's ridic –"

"That's the rules," Sam snickered.

"Hey, same goes for you, buddy," Tony shot at him. Sam's smile dimmed, but he shrugged.

"That's alright with me."

"Okay, so Hulk definitely beats you guys who need toys," you said, pulling yourself from Bucky's arms. His hand ran down the length of your arm, and you let him keep hold of your hand as you leaned forward in your seat. "But what about those of us who don't need toys to win?"

"You talking hand-to-hand?" Clint raised an eyebrow at you, and you nodded.

"That's a tough one," Natasha's eyes narrowed and swept the room, lingering on Steve and Bucky. "I'd say it's between the three of us," she said, nodding at the pair of them.

"Oh, come on," Clint complained, "I could definitely take you on, Tasha."

"You've already tried," Natasha grinned at him. "Remember what happened last time?"

Everyone burst into laughter at the memory. It had only been last month, during a training session. Usually, you were paired up with Natasha, but you'd been sick and Bucky had insisted you stay in bed rather than train as you usually did. You'd agreed with the not training part, but you had insisted on coming to watch the rest of the team train. You were glad you did, because you'd gotten to witness one of the finest take-downs Natasha had ever performed. Clint had been on the receiving end.

Clint's cheeks went red, and he mumbled something about being taken by surprise.

"I think the metal arm would have to come off before we got into the arena," Tony said, eyeing Bucky's gleaming arm, the hand of which was clasped around yours.

"Nuh uh," you argued, shaking your head and squeezing Bucky's hand.

"It's part of me," Bucky defended, and Steve nodded.