Bucky Barnes; Nurse

You stared up at the looming tower, the enormous 'A' at the top inevitably drawing your eye. The Avengers Tower. In New York City. You were way in over your head.

"(Y/N)!"

You twisted around, your wide eyes relaxing only when you saw Helen Cho waving at you. You waited as she scurried over to you, a wide smile on her face.

"Excited for your first day?" She asked, tucking her bag more securely on her shoulder.

"Um..." you bit at your lip, looking back up at the tower. Helen had contacted you two months ago with a job offer, and you'd been ecstatic. You'd been following Helen and her work for years, and you jumped at the opportunity to work with her. When she'd revealed to you that she wanted to place you as a relief nurse in the Avengers tower, you'd nearly had a heart attack.

"You'll be fine," Helen laid a hand on your shoulder. "I know the Avengers thing is a little overwhelming, but really. They're all just –"

"They're just like the rest of us?" You snorted, smiling at Helen wryly. She made a face at you before leading you to the front doors.

"I think you're going to get along with them very well," Helen said as she pulled the door open. A wave of anxiety washed over you as you were pushed into the building, Helen not slowing in the slightest. "Tony – Mr. Stark wants to meet with you when we get up there."

"Tony Stark." You said blankly. You looked around at the elaborate lobby, barely taking in the large monitor flashing the news or the man at the reception desk, who only nodded with a warm smile at you and Helen. You were pretty sure some of the paintings hanging on the wall were worth more than the entire contents of your bank account. Helen led you into an elevator, and you hardly had time to register that there were no floor buttons when a cool voice echoed throughout the small space.

"Floor?"

"Thirty-seven, please," Helen said.

"Of course, Ms. Cho."

"Thank you, FRIDAY."

You stared at Helen. "How –"

"That was FRIDAY," Helen explained. "She sort of runs the place. If you ever need anything, you can ask her."

"Right," you said, leaning heavily against the wall of the elevator. "Just ask the computer lady for help. Of course."

"You'll get used to it," Helen chuckled. You weren't so sure you were going to get used to any of it, let alone the talking computer.

When the doors of the elevator slid open, you were startled again by a tall man just outside. His long, dark hair was tied back and you couldn't help but notice the way his Henley stretched across his broad chest. He looked tired, dark scruff covering his jaw. His downcast eyes met yours for only a second, but you blushed all the same. Your eyes travelled until they came across his hands, one of which glinted silver. Immediately, you knew who he was and your eyes widened.

"Good morning, Mr. Barnes," Helen said, smiling politely as she pulled you past Bucky Barnes. Of course you knew who he was; he'd been all over the news only a few months ago. He didn't say anything, his eyes sweeping over you as he stepped into the elevator. The elevator doors cut him from your view, and Helen began leading you down a long hallway.

"He's relatively new here," she said, in a low voice.

"I know," you breathed. You heart pounded in your chest, and you worried about how your body would react to meeting the rest of the Avengers.

You sighed, flipping through pages of a magazine absently and glancing at the clock impatiently every few seconds. The team was supposed to have gotten back from a mission half an hour ago. For them, being late usually meant they'd run into unexpected trouble.